What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My New Marquis Epic Delivered and Up and Running  (Read 4244 times)

MattieB

My New Marquis Epic Delivered and Up and Running
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:24 am »
I want to thank everyone on this board for helping me make the decision on what brand of tubs to look at.   I was strongly leaning towards a Bullfrog, but tested a Marquis, and ended up purchasing an it.  Some of the factors that swayed me towards the Epic was it was roomy and comfortable, I wanted good foot and neck jets, and it was a leftover and I got a great deal.  I liked the Bullfrog and the switchable packs, but it lacked good foot jets.  I tried the A7 and I felt like my knees were too close to my chest to benefit from the foot jets.  The Marquis has been delivered and is up and running and we are really enjoying it.  Here are a few things I noticed so far about the Epic:
                                        Love the inline Frog sanitizing system; keeps the tub water sparkling when you get the hang of it
                                        The jet action is phenomenal, you can adjust to what is most comfortable for you
                                        The temperature of the tub on the display is easy to read, but when adjusting the temperature, the                 
                                        temperature you are setting is small and harder to read
                                        The control of the air jets is a bit noisy when turned on fully, but not a big deal
                                        The are at least two dedicated foot jets, and the center pillar can also be used as a foot jet, and they
                                        are absolutely fantastic 

I am very happy with my purchase and I hope to enjoy it for years.   One questions though,  I have had to adjust the PH upwards numerous times.  Any way to correct that?

I will keep the board updated on my Epic experience.   

Hot Tub Forum

My New Marquis Epic Delivered and Up and Running
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:24 am »

Chief Kyle

Re: My New Marquis Epic Delivered and Up and Running
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 11:05:33 am »
Excellent.  Our Epic is scheduled to be delivered on the 25th....getting excited.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:01:27 pm »
I want to thank everyone on this board for helping me make the decision on what brand of tubs to look at.   I was strongly leaning towards a Bullfrog, but tested a Marquis, and ended up purchasing an it.  Some of the factors that swayed me towards the Epic was it was roomy and comfortable, I wanted good foot and neck jets, and it was a leftover and I got a great deal.  I liked the Bullfrog and the switchable packs, but it lacked good foot jets.  I tried the A7 and I felt like my knees were too close to my chest to benefit from the foot jets.  The Marquis has been delivered and is up and running and we are really enjoying it.  Here are a few things I noticed so far about the Epic:
                                        Love the inline Frog sanitizing system; keeps the tub water sparkling when you get the hang of it
                                        The jet action is phenomenal, you can adjust to what is most comfortable for you
                                        The temperature of the tub on the display is easy to read, but when adjusting the temperature, the                 
                                        temperature you are setting is small and harder to read
                                        The control of the air jets is a bit noisy when turned on fully, but not a big deal
                                        The are at least two dedicated foot jets, and the center pillar can also be used as a foot jet, and they
                                        are absolutely fantastic 

I am very happy with my purchase and I hope to enjoy it for years.   One questions though,  I have had to adjust the PH upwards numerous times.  Any way to correct that?

I will keep the board updated on my Epic experience.   

The Spa Frog system has a tendency to drive down PH/Alk because of the acidic levels of the products, Bromine, MPS, minerals. Get it higher than recommended. 7.6/140 and let it drift down naturally before you adjust it back up. With an ALK of 140-180 the PH may take a few weeks to drop below 7.0. Mess around with it.

Nice tub, good choice.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:11 pm »
The Epic is an awesome spa, congrats!  One of my favorite spots to sit in the Epic is in the footwell with my back against the 2 geyser jets, it feels amazing.  In regards to the pH, keep in mind that the pH of human sweat is anywhere in between 4.5 and 7.0, and the recommended level for the hot tub is usually 7.2-7.6.  I would venture to guess that the usage of the hot tub is causing the pH to drift down.  Try and get the Alkalinity in the OK range and the pH will become more stable.  Enjoy the tub!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »
Thanks for letting us know.  There are a lot of long term satisfied Epic owners here. I'm sure you will do well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42