What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rookie buyer needs help  (Read 3507 times)

dave99

Rookie buyer needs help
« on: July 11, 2004, 08:39:30 am »
 ???I am looking at the Caldera Elation (floor model no water fall, full warranty).  He has quoted 8700 with installation, steps, chemicals.  The dealer has several locations in this area and seems pretty well established. I put a hold on it and will wet test today.  Any thoughts on pricing or competitor models.  There is a Cal spa dealer in the area with a very good pitch, but we haven’t gotten out there yet.  BTW I do like the sound system on the Caldera.  I worry that just running speakers from the house will create a noise problem with the neighbors.  

Hot Tub Forum

Rookie buyer needs help
« on: July 11, 2004, 08:39:30 am »

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
Re: Rookie buyer needs help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:26:22 am »
Dave,

I haven't gone over to sign the papers yet on my first spa, but I have spent a ton of time trying to sort this out.  I'm sure that it will be time well spent when I can take my first dip in my own tub however.

A couple quick thoughts that I think many of the experienced members on here would tell you.

Don't get hung up on the bells and whistles of a stereo system, waterfalls, misters, aromatherapy,etc.  In fact I would try not to let these options enter your mind as you narrow it down.  Research this forum, find the most respected names, find their local dealers, go look at the tubs, evaluate the "trust factor" in your dealerships, consider warranties, wet test.  Actually a great place to start would be to read a couple really good posts started by ZzTop - "How to Negotiate and Buy a Hot Tub" and "When buying a Hot tub what  is most important?".  Both we just posted within the last couple weeks.

Good luck,

Buckeye

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 11:41:24 am »
I'm looking at the Caldera Aspire. Same series but without the lounge.

I really like the Aspire, I wet tested HS, Jac, Coleman.

I fought to stay in the HS seats, plus being short 5'6", the seats were too deep.

I was quoted $7700 including tax. This included 2 sets of steps, 2 extra filters, 24 mons chemicals.

I could order any color I wanted.

I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. You might want to ask the price on an Aspire, then ask the price difference between the too.

Good Luck

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 01:55:13 pm »
Cal Spas does not have a great reputation. Caldera does along with others such as Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Marquis, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 01:55:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42