What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2015 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing/Reviews  (Read 7789 times)

cburk0677

2015 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing/Reviews
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:16 pm »
Long time no see for me on this forum. In 2006 my wife and I bought a Hotspring Vanguard and we absolutely love it! Only thing that went wrong with it over the last 8 years of ownership was the heater went bad but was replaced for free under warranty. Long story short we just sold our house and the buyers bought our hottub as well so we will be buying a new tub most likely by this fall if not sooner.

I am strongly considering the Grandee Highlife as our next tub. The kids are getting bigger and we like to have friends over so we could use the extra space.

Here are my questions:

1. Ballpark pricing for the Grandee Highlife with cover, cover cradle, matching steps but without stereo, or ACE.  I live in Indianapolis and paid approx $8000 for my Vanguard in 2006.

2. ACE water system- approx cost and is it worth it. Honestly water care for me is super easy. I basically get chlorine to 3 parts per million, then adjust ph up or down using test strips. Also clean filters once a month by spraying with the hose and drain/refill the tub every six months. I haven't ever had issues with cloudy water.

3. Fake stone surround? Had anyone purchased this instead of the normal colors? Do you like it, does it look good? I'm going to be having a paver patio installed at my new house and I thought it might look cool to get the stone surround for the tub but I want to hear if anyone has regretted purchasing it.

4. Any other major improvements or options that are of a huge benefit that I should consider?

5. Operational costs vs vanguard. I pay 8 cents per kw here in Indy so my Vanguard cost less than $15 per month to run. I assume the Grandee would cost slightly more. Is it an efficient tub?

6. Can the Grandee heater keep up in winter temps? My Vanguard I could set to 104 and use it in subzero temps. Is this possible with the Grandee?

7. When does Hotspring release new model year products? Are the 2015 Grandees on the sales floor already? When will the 2016's come out? Is there any discussion of major design changes or improvments that I should consider waiting until 2016 to purchase?

Thank you for your time!! I really appreciate everyones opinion on this forum as it helped me immensely with my first Hotspring purchase!
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

2015 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing/Reviews
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:16 pm »

cburk0677

Re: 2015 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing/Reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 09:09:27 pm »
Doug,
   Hi, thank you for the info. I am planning on visiting my local hotspring dealer soon to get some more info. I'm still interested in hearing from other forum members so if anyone has any advice please post.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:06 pm »
1. Ballpark pricing for the Grandee Highlife with cover, cover cradle, matching steps but without stereo, or ACE.  I live in Indianapolis and paid approx $8000 for my Vanguard in 2006.
I've seen it anywhere between $12,500 to $15,000

2. ACE water system- approx cost and is it worth it. Honestly water care for me is super easy. I basically get chlorine to 3 parts per million, then adjust ph up or down using test strips. Also clean filters once a month by spraying with the hose and drain/refill the tub every six months. I haven't ever had issues with cloudy water.
ACE is awesome in my opinion, but if water care has been super easy for you so far and you have enjoyed your experience, might be best to skip for now.

3. Fake stone surround? Had anyone purchased this instead of the normal colors? Do you like it, does it look good? I'm going to be having a paver patio installed at my new house and I thought it might look cool to get the stone surround for the tub but I want to hear if anyone has regretted purchasing it.
Haven't got this personally, but I hear it holds up well.  Hot Spring has offered it for a long time and it virtually remained unchanged when they came out with it again on the newer Highlife.

4. Any other major improvements or options that are of a huge benefit that I should consider?
They redesigned Highlife last year that changed the look and feel of all their spas.  The biggest difference is the NXT line which the Grandee has a option on.  It looks pretty darn cool!

5. Operational costs vs vanguard. I pay 8 cents per kw here in Indy so my Vanguard cost less than $15 per month to run. I assume the Grandee would cost slightly more. Is it an efficient tub?
Assuming you live in the same area, it cost maybe a few bucks more, since the grandee is about a hundred gallons larger.  I've owned both and haven't seen a difference that was noticeable to me.

6. Can the Grandee heater keep up in winter temps? My Vanguard I could set to 104 and use it in subzero temps. Is this possible with the Grandee?
If you had a '06 Vanguard, you used a 6k heater.  The Grandee and new Vanguard use a 4k heater, which allows you to use both jet pumps and the heater at the same time on the 50AMP circuit.  That being said, it does absolutely keep up with subzero temps, but it might take a little longer to heat up in the first place.  How much?  Not quite sure... but not much longer... an hour?

7. When does Hotspring release new model year products? Are the 2015 Grandees on the sales floor already? When will the 2016's come out? Is there any discussion of major design changes or improvments that I should consider waiting until 2016 to purchase?
They just redesigned everything last year with BMW.  From what I understand, no changes have been made to the new Grandees except for a new silver color shell.  As far as 2016 is concerned.  Hot Spring keeps everything tight lipped... so I doubt we'll hear anything before it comes out.  I doubt it since they did the big change last year.

Hope this helps!  And best of luck!

cburk0677

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »
Thank you for the great info! I really appreciate it. I stopped by my local dealer this evening and got some good info on pricing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42