What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Artesian Spas vs Master  (Read 9885 times)

randr

Opinions on Artesian Spas vs Master
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:16:43 pm »
  We have been shopping around for a hot tub and think we have narrowed it down. One was the Master Spa Twilight 8.3 but am second thinking that after doing some reading here. The other one we really liked was an Artetian Island Series Grand Bahama. It is considerably more $$ and didn't really see anything here on them. Any opinions? Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:20:56 am by randr »

Hot Tub Forum

Opinions on Artesian Spas vs Master
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:16:43 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Opinions on Artetian Spas
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
 They were nice when we sold them.   Solid company and an overlooked spa in my opinion. 

randr

Re: Opinions on Artesian Spas
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Am I correct in my assumption of Master Spas. All the bashing seems to be from years ago. Has anything changed with them or did the subject just get old?  In other words, am I definitely better off spending the extra money on an Artesian?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »
 Master spa and Artesian are very similar in build and components as well.    I give the edge to Artesian on quality.  Pick which spa you like (wet test) and a dealer as well.     If it were my choice I would take Artesian. 

randr

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »
Already wet tested both and liked both of them but we definitely liked the Artesian better. We also like the Artesian dealer better but the Artesian was $2000 more. That's alot of money if they are truly that similar in quality. I'm actually sorry to hear that. I was kind of hoping  and under the impression that the Artesian was leaps and bounds above master spa.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:09:52 pm by randr »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:34:25 pm »
  They might be, we have not had Artesian since 05 so they have probably changed quite a bit.   I guess you will have to see which offers more bells and whistles.   Like # of jets and main pumps.  Is there a circ pump, ozone, lift and what not.   If your comparing apples to apples feature wise then that makes a difference regarding price.    The jets are probably the same quality wise between the two (waterway) It would be interesting to see equipment wise.   Master spa might use Balboa, Artesian use to use Gecko they still might.  How do they compare warranty wise?  I still would put my money on the Artesian.   The only real negative I know about Master is there hit and run road shows, which put a bad taste in many dealers mouths. 

randr

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 03:01:47 pm »
Speaking of circ pumps. What's the deal with them. Obviously dealers with them say they're the best and ones that don't say that they are bad to have. I had one dealer tell me that because I'm in Florida I should never get a tub with a circ pump. Something about them heating up in summer and cutting out. Do you recommend a circ pump? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 03:30:02 pm »
 I like circ pumps but they are not necessarily needed.   They work well with ozone systems and added filtration and would add to a lower electrical bill possibly.   Downfalls they can fail over time, not overly expensive and easy to replace if needed.    Doesn't sound like either dealer is pushing you that direction.   I am not really familiar with Florida water other than it's warmer than here in the PNW.      I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville for 6 years early 80s, loved the beaches and riding the motorcycle down to Daytona and Orlando.   Didn't care for Jax that much though.   

randr

Re: Opinions on Artesian Spas vs Master
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:09 am »
  Thanks for the info.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 05:33:30 pm »
Speaking of circ pumps. What's the deal with them. Obviously dealers with them say they're the best and ones that don't say that they are bad to have. I had one dealer tell me that because I'm in Florida I should never get a tub with a circ pump. Something about them heating up in summer and cutting out. Do you recommend a circ pump?

A circ pump WILL NOT filter more water than a jet pump.

Example, a circ pump pushing 10 GPM for 24 hours moves 14400 gallons. A jet pump moving 60 GPM running for 4 hours per day moves 14400 gallons. The question becomes how much power does the circ pump use in 24 hours versus a jet pump in 4 hours. The circ pump usually wins. But it is only a minimal difference.

Now for ozone it's a different story. If you are introducing ozone 24 hours versus 4 you will have better luck using ozone to supplement a sanitation routine.
Retired

randr

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:09:16 am »
Thank you for the replies. I'm definitely leaning towards Artesian.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »
Hers my take on Master Spas. Here in Minnesota they are big sellers. The reason, they offer a lot of flash for the dollar. IMO their tubs are of mediocre quality. They are electricity pigs. But big pumps do that. Why do they need big pumps? Because they have to overcome poor engineering in their plumbing. Like I said they spend their research dollar on what people want, flash. Their road show debacle makes them look bad. Their dishonest sales practices make them seem like a crooked company. With all the money they spend on advertising and slick stores and plaid jacket sales staff they have to get that money from someplace. I say compromises in quality is an easy target.

I have heard good things about Artesian but have never worked on one.

So just because two company's use the same components does not mean the tubs are equal.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42