What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Attn: Gun totin, womanizin, alky!  (Read 18418 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Attn: Gun totin, womanizin, alky!
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 01:47:45 pm »
Ya, with a name like dancergurl69 everything is suspect.  Sounds like a name a guy would make up if you ask me.  I don't think too many hot strippers cruise this site.

I always thought it was, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Anyway, dancergurl69 curious now that you made it back here... did you ever figure out what the deal was with stan stealing your ip address or was it you stealing his, or did you think we would forget about that?  

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 01:47:45 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 01:52:41 pm »
 I don't think too many hot strippers cruise this site.

True, for that go to:

http://Whosthebest-stripper.com
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Soakin

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 02:38:42 pm »
True, for that go to: http://Whosthebest-stripper.com

Why are we wasting time here?....

Damn, my browser can't access it!  I suppose my wife blocked it with the parental controls. ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 04:26:25 pm »
Personally, I am not a gun person.  I don’t believe in them. I don’t own one.  I don’t think I will never own one.  I think streets are safer when people don’t have them.

However, I understand that people want to own them, do own them, and it is their rite to own them.  

In Pennsylvania, there was a murder that made the news nationally where an 18 year old murdered his girlfriend’s parents with, I believe, his parents weapons.  My question to all of you is this, if he had limited access to his parent’s weapons or if his parents had no weapons would the murders have happened?  

Also for the ones on this site that own guns, his parents owned 54 guns.  Why does one need 54 guns?

Here is the article of the 18 year old if you haven’t heard of the case:  

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/14/parents.slain/

Sorry if my comments ruffle some feathers.

Chris

Not at all- You have the right to your opinions.

But-
In this state, an 18 year old can walk into any sporting good store and purchase any rifle or shotgun on the shelf, so I don't think that the removal of a specific tool, in this case a gun from his parents home, would necessairly prevent someone from comitting murder.  If guns were gone, the skum would just switch to another tool to get their job done.  Like a knife, arson, poison, home made weapon of almost any sort.  There'd probably be a all kinds of creative ways to off someone if for whatever reason guns became hard to get.  

Gun restrictions just affect people who are already law abiding by nature.  
Like me- I have enough hoops to go thru here just to purchase a pistol and have spent hundreds more to get a permit to carry one.
 Think criminals bother with that?
I'm not anywhere near tempted to shoot anyone.  I hope that never has to happen, but if my or my families lives were in danger, I'm not going down without a fight.

The streets would be WAY safer if nobody drove cars, trucks, motorcycles, busses, etc...  Tens of thousands of people per year would not die in motor vehicle crashes.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:28:16 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Soakin

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 05:29:40 pm »
...but if my or my families lives were in danger, I'm not going down without a fight...
Brewman, I've watched the recent drift of discussion on this board toward guns, guns and more guns with some bemusement since I'm a sportsman with a few rifles and shotguns, and was pistol owner back when I lived in the country and trapped, but I am having a hard time buying into your personal safety argument.  It is my understanding that you work in an office and live in the suburban Twin Cities.  Why do you feel the need for a concealed weapon?

I also live in the suburban Twin Cities, I can't help but wonder... what security risk you see that would make you want to jump through all the hoops to get a concealed carry permit and take on the risks associated with a handgun in the home?  We feel safe enough to let our kids play on the street, greet strangers with an open door, and sometimes forget to lock our doors at night.  We never even think about a need to protect ourselves from some unseen threat.  With all due respect, are we naive, or are you paranoid ;)?

If you, Terminator, Lt Dan and some of the others like guns that's fine with me.  I do, too -- but I don't see a need to rationalize it, or start spouting NRA rhetoric on a board whose primary purpose is bringing together people with an interest in hot tubs.   While I realize that most of it is all intended to be in good fun, I find some of it off-putting and would suspect others do as well. There are plenty of other sites for gun interests.  I respectfully request that you move the gun discussion there.

Anybody miss my Friday sermons while I was gone? 8)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 06:05:41 pm »
Why do you feel the need for a concealed weapon?

I'd rather have it and never need it than need it one time and not have it.  It's our right as free citizens to protect ourselves, our loved ones, our property.  You do it how you see fit, I'll do it how I see fit.  That's what is great about being a Texan and an American. :)

I'll quit talking about guns unless someone asks me about it.  It'd be rude not to reply.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:06:14 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Soakin

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 06:42:00 pm »
I'd rather have it and never need it than need it one time and not have it...You do it how you see fit, I'll do it how I see fit.  That's what is great about being...an American.  I'll quit talking about guns unless someone asks me about it.  It'd be rude not to reply.
Kind of like a flu shot, huh? ;)Terminator, your safety situation may be completely different than mine.  I respect that and wouldn't presume to tell you what you need to be, or feel, safe.  But if people want to rationalize gun rights and ownership on a hot-tub site, they have to expect a challenge or two.  That's probably why the header for this section says everything's fair except religion or politics.

Regarding your willingness to tone down the gun talk -- thanks.  You're a gentleman (albeit, one with a big appetite for fun 8)), and I appreciate your understanding.  Have a good weekend and a great party!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 06:42:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42