What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima - Grey/Celestite  (Read 7437 times)

OnMedic

Sundance Optima - Grey/Celestite
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »
The wait is over!  ;D

Today we took delivery of our new Sundance Optima in Grey/Celestite. Beautiful colour combo and the celestite shell has a nice amount of texture to provide a little grip. Filled in about 40-45 minutes and when we got home tonight (7 hours later) it was waiting for our first dip at 100F.

The yard, pavilion, decking, privacy screens etc are all a work in progress. I will add updates as it all takes shape!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima - Grey/Celestite
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

OnMedic

Re: Sundance Optima - Grey/Celestite
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

richierich

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 10:05:50 am »
I have the same color combo and really love it. The texture is nice and I think it does't show scratches like a smooth shell. I think it is a great feature but you don't hear anybody talk about it. I would like to hear how you are enjoying your Optima. Congratulations !

DaveMc

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 02:22:14 pm »
We are doing a fill up Sunday and a start up Monday 9 am----on our new Monaco Optima---we built the deck right up to the tub and it is essentially sunk 19 inches in to the deck.  We added a grooved strip of rdwd at the bottom of each side panel to make them removable without having to take out the bottom screw (we took it out and left it out)---so the panels are removable even tho the deck goes to within a 1/2 in of the tub.  We plan on a portable seat/bench next to the tub on 2 sides.  If I ever figure out how to load a photo I will show you.  We also ordered the WIFI(free) and Eco Wrap.  Hope we made the right decisions the competition was HS Vanguard with the Salt feature.

DaveMc

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »

OnMedic

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »
I have the same color combo and really love it. The texture is nice and I think it does't show scratches like a smooth shell. I think it is a great feature but you don't hear anybody talk about it. I would like to hear how you are enjoying your Optima. Congratulations !

Richierich. We looked at the marble style finishes and when we wet testes (another brand) we found the treacherous. We loved our first soaks and the jet power/mixes were great!

OnMedic

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:25 pm »
We are doing a fill up Sunday and a start up Monday 9 am----on our new Monaco Optima---we built the deck right up to the tub and it is essentially sunk 19 inches in to the deck.  We added a grooved strip of rdwd at the bottom of each side panel to make them removable without having to take out the bottom screw (we took it out and left it out)---so the panels are removable even tho the deck goes to within a 1/2 in of the tub.  We plan on a portable seat/bench next to the tub on 2 sides.  If I ever figure out how to load a photo I will show you.  We also ordered the WIFI(free) and Eco Wrap.  Hope we made the right decisions the competition was HS Vanguard with the Salt feature.

DaveMC. I look forward to pictures as your project progresses. We are installing a pavilion over ours in a few weeks and will then be decking at about 17" height around the tub as well with rail and skirting at 42" (approx +4" vs. tub height) followed by louvered privacy screens that double-hinge up into an awning when open. The one side (to the left in the picture where you see additional concrete) of the Pavilion will have a bar-top style style ledge with patio set-matching stools.

Can't wait for it to be complete.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42