What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any thoughts on the Marquis E660?  (Read 7243 times)

bwspa

Any thoughts on the Marquis E660?
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:23 pm »
So I went to look at Marquis. I was shown the Signature, E-series and a "Celebrity" series (which I had not heard of before then). 

I sat in the Epic, Spirit and the E660 (dry).  I was rather surprised I felt more comfortable in the E660 (especially the lounger).  I like the better high flo jets of the Signature series and the whirlpool feature, but I'm still surprised at how comfy the E660 is.  The Spirit was OK but a little small overall for what we want.

I'm going to go back for a wet test of the E660.  Any E660 owners here?  Any Signature line I should look at other models in the....maybe the Reward (did not have on display)?

Hot Tub Forum

Any thoughts on the Marquis E660?
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:23 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Any thoughts on the Marquis E660?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:29 pm »
The 660 is a great spa. In the signature line the most comparable would be the reward. Do you have any specific questions on the tub? 

bwspa

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:32:53 am »
I probably have more than I know of at the moment.  First off would be an understanding of the difference in the quality/parts between the two series.  Excluding the high output jets for the moment, and I understand the full-foam is an option for the E-series, how does the rest of the tub compare in construction and parts?  Do they use the same hoses & standard jets?

Again, I was very comfortable dry testing the E660 in virtually all seats and I'm a tall guy, so I am wondering what I would be giving up in function, quality, performance, etc. if I stayed in the E series.  Would the E series to Signature series be similar to Jacuzzi's 300 series to their 400 series where it seems to be a lot of the same just additional features?

I know the dealer indicated there was roughly a $2k difference from the E660 to the Epic/Euphoria.  I didn't ask at the time, but what I am guessing now is that the Reward would be somewhere in-between?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:43:29 pm »
I probably have more than I know of at the moment.  First off would be an understanding of the difference in the quality/parts between the two series.  Excluding the high output jets for the moment, and I understand the full-foam is an option for the E-series, how does the rest of the tub compare in construction and parts?  Do they use the same hoses & standard jets?

Again, I was very comfortable dry testing the E660 in virtually all seats and I'm a tall guy, so I am wondering what I would be giving up in function, quality, performance, etc. if I stayed in the E series.  Would the E series to Signature series be similar to Jacuzzi's 300 series to their 400 series where it seems to be a lot of the same just additional features?

I know the dealer indicated there was roughly a $2k difference from the E660 to the Epic/Euphoria.  I didn't ask at the time, but what I am guessing now is that the Reward would be somewhere in-between?

Plumbing/hoses are the same.  Jets are different.  The Sig's use nicer jets.  They have nicer and bigger jets that give a little bit better of a message.  The cabinets on the sig's are a lot nicer.  Stronger and thicker synthetic wood and the colors look more natural.  The bottom of the Sig's are completely enclosed with a resin dura base while the E-series have more of a wood base with synthetic material over it.  The construction on the inside is comparable.  The pumps on the Signatures would both be the 160gpm pumps while the e series uses one mp160 and the other pump is a 130gpm pump.  Eseries would compare well to the 300 series from jacuzzi.  I sell the reward for about $600 less then the Epic

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:55 am »
The 660 is a really comfortable spa.  I like all of the different levels, and also like the high cool off seat.  It's a solid construction.  In regards to the cabinet, it's basically the same material that Jacuzzi and other brands use.  It's a reinforced synthetic that will hold up well.  The Signature Series Marquis models use DuraWood, which is a stronger cabinet that is a bit stronger, and has a texture to it.  Also, the base is fully sealed with a plastic bottom.  Good luck, you can't go wrong with any of the Marquis models.

bwspa

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:28:11 pm »
What advantages do the fully sealed resin base give you?  I get that's it's better, but from feature / benefit - what does that do for the owner?  Sorry for the newbie question

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:32:37 pm »
The DuraBase on the Signature Series is an ABS plastic "pan" type bottom. The E-Series will have a fairly thick Polysheet plastic bottom that will fully seal the bottom, but it doesn't wrap up in to the tub. I wouldn't worry about the base. The E-Series Marquis is sealed off better than a top of the line HotSpring model for instance.

Sam

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:00:58 pm »
The E-Series Marquis is sealed off better than a top of the line HotSpring model for instance.

I don't know how true this is.  Stapling a plastic sheet to a base doesn't offer a whole lot of protection from moisture and insects.  HS uses that 60lb foam, which is pretty tough.  It does still leave the wood exposed though.  I'm not a HS fan at all btw, though respect their build quality to an extent.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:00:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42