What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!  Need D1 advice!!!  (Read 2982 times)

heather

HELP!  Need D1 advice!!!
« on: June 28, 2004, 08:21:23 am »
Hi.  Is there anyone out there that can help me with valuable information for or against D1 spas?  I have a GREAT retailer in my area, and three small children, so wet-testing and dry testing is difficult to do with many spa types...  I am not being hasty -- I have done all my research and I think I have identified it is one of the lowest maintenance spas, has great insulation, etc. etc... and now I have it down to a decision b/n the Chairman I and the Californian.  I can't seem to make up my mind between the two.  

Also - I just read a note on this site that kids have a difficult time staying seated in the Chairman.  Any thoughts?  Also - how valuable is the white duralife shell - is it a really good thing to be warrantied for life, or are there other benefits to having color that I'm not realizing?  Sorry for the 20 questions - I am just eager to come up to speed on the D1 itself from a user opinion standpoint, and I am also wondering, if I don't go with D1, which is the next best (or better!) spa I should be researching.   Thanks! ; ;D

Hot Tub Forum

HELP!  Need D1 advice!!!
« on: June 28, 2004, 08:21:23 am »

saz

Re: HELP!  Need D1 advice!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 11:38:24 am »
well, just talking generally, i think you HAVE to wet test, and find out if this tub is suitable for you and your children. We made so many decisions before we wet-tested, and they mostly go out of the window once you get into a tub. I can't comment directly on the D1 as I haven't had any exerience of it.
saz
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 11:39:16 am by saz »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 09:19:44 pm »
It simply comes down to whether or not you want the Jet Sequencer seat, thats the biggest differance in the 2. I think there is less chance to be pushed out of the seats in the Chariman than many other spas. My wife liked it because the seats hugged you inplace and she could put her feet against the volcano jet post to push herself up in the seats better (she's very short in the torso) and at the same time rub her feet on the tactile foot therapy nubs there.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 10:06:20 pm »
I don't believe either the Chairman or the Californian have the sequencer, they have pretty much  the same lounger with one jet difference- you'd have to step up to the Chairman II for the sequencer. I think the big difference between the two is that the Chairman has the contoured seats while the Californian has the "barrier-free" seating more bench-like.

Dry testing is pretty much useless - you need to wet test to know how a spa will feel for you

As for other brands there are plenty posts to help you out with recommendations.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 10:06:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42