What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Shell Selection Poll  (Read 6242 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Sundance Shell Selection Poll
« on: June 19, 2004, 08:10:23 pm »
Sundance owners,

What cabinet/shell combination do have?  I am trying to decide which texture, ie, the smooth pearlescents or semi rough (for lack of better description) textures like onyx etc.  I think my family likes the sierra (red plastic) cabinet.

Any pros/cons of the pearlescents or textures?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Shell Selection Poll
« on: June 19, 2004, 08:10:23 pm »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: Sundance Shell Selection Poll
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 07:04:53 am »
There has to be some Sundance owners in this forum!  :)

Any help?

Thanks

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 08:15:55 am »
There has to be some Sundance owners in this forum!  :)

Help is always available dazedandconfused.

I just happen to see my tub at a dealer while on a business trip and say the Optima with the Platinum finish. I definetly did not like that finish. We have the Silver Pearlescent and love it at night. Like Lori (I think she has the same finish on her HS) it does tend to leave spots when the water dries but I'm the only one who sees that and I don't really care. At night it look absolutely fantastic.

We chose this over the many other types of colours and the semi rough texture because of the romance that it brings at night  ;).  It also looks great during the day.

In the end this is a personal choice but the silver looks and reflects the LED light at noght like no other. Oh yeah we also went with the coastal grey because it matched our house finish .  I'm told that Sundance is coming out with a synthetic rock finish which should b rather nice as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 08:17:32 am by doodoo »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 11:32:49 am »
You are right, doodoo!  I do have that finish on my HS and love it.

I didn't answer right away, since I don't have a Sundance!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 12:29:21 pm »
Well I don't have a Sundance but as most of the colors are similar between Coleman and Sundance I'll answer you.
I picked the Tahoe granite w/ash sides and gray cover. My house is a white victorian with blue gray trim and blue gray carrage house shingles. There's a lot of artsy detailed blue gray trim and my spa matches it great.
The reason I went with granite over the pearl is... 3 teenagers and all their friends. I love the new pearl oyster shell with the ash sides but wanted as little maintence as possible.
My fist tub was the marble finish and it requires some extra attention. More water lines and spots to deal with and over time tiny scratches appear.
I have the fiber optic lights and they look fine at night, but I know they'd look awesome in a lighter pearl finish.
Spahappy

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 01:08:01 pm »
I've had my Sundance Altimar for over a month now and LOVE it!! I didn't have much of a choice of color as  I got a good deal (for Northern Cal anyway) on a 2003 model that was marine blue with the redwood exterior (real wood, not synthetic).
Even though the "sand" interior would have been my first choice, I now really like the blue.  The water looks nice at night with just the plain light. (I'm not one for the rainbow colors anyway)
The synthetic cabinet would also have been my first choice - (I liked the "lower maintenance" idea,),but now I also like the redwood which looks very upscale on my new slate patio.
So the moral of the story is that you just never know exactly how it's going to look (or what you think you like)until it gets to your home... :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:10:35 pm by usuallytrue »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 01:47:38 pm »
I've got the bluegrass granite type shell with a real redwook cabinet.  The pearlescents look fabulous, but the granite is zero maintenance.  The redwood needs to be restained every year, but I realy like the look of it.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 08:37:09 am »
We have the Sandy Beige (or whatever Sundance Calls it) with the redwood cabinet.  Sorry for not answering yet another of your requests right away, but I've been busier than usual this weekend!
Brewman
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 08:37:40 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Tubber

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 06:57:21 am »
My personal color choice for Sundance would be the Onyx with the Coastal (gray) no maintenence sides. I think it just looks classy. Matching a house or a deck is not always the way to go . You want the tub to stand out  and can work any color into any situation.  I advise with people with kids to stay away from the pearlesants as they tend to show scratches alot easier.

jdmanteca

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 02:21:46 pm »
My personal preference was the granite type finish with the Sierra synthetic cabinets.  I believed the combo would compliment the rustic feel of our patio area.  However, my wife chose the Sierra cabinet but with the white pearlescent color (i believe they call it "platinum") and I have to admit I have learned to love it.  

We have had our Altimar for about a month now and I can't say enough good things about it.  It is Wonderful!! We really love it.  The white pearl also reflects the light at night.  It looks great.  Because of the white color I haven't notice any water marks so we can't complaint.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 08:38:17 pm »
Tubber righttttttttt,I have the Jacuzzi J-355 ONYX with the Costal cabinet.It really looks very classy and a bit different.Johnny Thunder :)

Julie

• Sundance Cameo owner
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2004, 12:22:37 am »
I'm a "blue" girl, so I always intended on buying a blue spa, and when I saw the metalescent azur blue in the showroom, I fell for it immediatly.  I wanted the coastal skirt with it at first, but since our house is all grey and dull. My boyfriend thought the sierra skirt would bring more like in the backyard.  In the end, we went with the azur/sierra, and it really stands out, we love it.

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 10:34:24 am »
We have the Sierra cabinet with the Sahara shell on our Optima

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 09:04:32 pm »
I see that there are noooo coastal cabinet fans here........... :-*Johnny Thunders

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 10:22:02 pm »
Dazed, in the end go with the sundance color that you enjoy the best.  dont let water spots and scratches keep you from getting the smoother finishes... it really doesnt require much work at all to keep looking good.  if you really like those finishes, get one of those... you will be happy you did.  i absolutely loved all of them but chosed the platinum.  GOOD LUCK ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 10:22:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42