What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decent Hot Springs Vanguard $$  (Read 3473 times)

Skidder

Decent Hot Springs Vanguard $$
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:34:30 am »
The wife and I were looking for a Hot Springs Sovereign but when we got to the showroom it felt like the Vanguard would fit or needs better. Does anyone now what a decent out the door price would be? This comes with the best cover lifter they have. They quoted us as an initial price of $11,567 after taxes. Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Decent Hot Springs Vanguard $$
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:34:30 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Decent Hot Springs Vanguard $$
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:14:11 am »
Welcome to the forum. I was offered $8900 back in late 2012 for a model with no stereo or ACE system in Ohio.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dunecritter

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:34:36 am »
There has been significant changes on the new 2014 Vanguard model including a healthy cost increase so comparing anything other than a 2014 will do you no good as you will certainly be quoted higher than what anyone paid on a 2013 model or older. I sold a 2014 vanguard yesterday for $12,838 with ace, taxes, delivery, steps, cover cradle, sub panel, startup chemicals, including the final spa hook up and filling the tub to give a user orientation. Some dealers will have a higher cost per unit depending on delivery cost. This can fluctuate a bit as distance and quantity per load gets factored in. Discounts were given to arrive at that price I sold at.

Skidder

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:11:40 am »
The $11,500 price was just the walk in the door price. Do you think there is still wiggle room? He actually does have the exact color Vanguard on the floor any idea what that could be had for?

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »
There's ALWAYS wiggle room. I'll get my hand slapped in here if I talk too much, but I've rarely found anything that can't be negotiated 10%.

dunecritter

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »
That all depends on how that dealer prices his products...We price our tubs aggressively for the most part (Less than MSRP) and some dealers simply price their products at MSRP. Obviously if I started at MSRP we could discount heavily and you would walk away feeling you received a great deal after you purchased but that truly depends on each individual dealer. Again...I build in some wiggle room weather its a discount or options advantage. All they can say is no...It's just business.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:45 pm »
There's ALWAYS wiggle room. I'll get my hand slapped in here if I talk too much, but I've rarely found anything that can't be negotiated 10%.

Everyone here knows there is negotiating to take place when shopping for an item like this, its no secret and its certainly not hush hush on this site.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42