What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranty for Hot Spring Spas Grandee (2007 model)  (Read 3989 times)

orioles35

Warranty for Hot Spring Spas Grandee (2007 model)
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
Our warranty is about to expire on our tub, but HSS is offering a two year extension for $499.  This includes circ pump, heater, thermostats, control box, control head, aux panel and jet pump. 

Thoughts on if this is worth doing?  We've had a few repairs in the past, most recently some internal "stuff" which wore out and was causing the jets not to rotate (or go up and down). 

What are the costs of these items and how often do they wear out?

Thank you.  Love our tub, especially after a long hard workout...and sharing it with my wife (meaning, bikini time) makes it that much better!

Hot Tub Forum

Warranty for Hot Spring Spas Grandee (2007 model)
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Warranty for Hot Spring Spas Grandee (2007 model)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:38:35 pm »
Is it being offered through HS or your dealer?

orioles35

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 06:49:08 am »
Through HSS.  Our five year expires in September.

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:47 am »
Hmmm... I was un aware that an extended warranty could be purchased thru the manufacture? I would have thought that this was being offered by the servicing dealer? I'll have to look into this myself.

orioles35

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:38:05 pm »
Reading the letter, it seems it's probably deliberately unclear who is actually making the offer...the dealer HSS of Music City or HSS themselves.

Real question is, given what is covered and the age of the tub...is it worth considering?  What would any of those cost to replace without a warranty?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:11:17 pm »
It's probably worth it IMO as each of those things are rather large expenses.  I'm not a HS dealer but if you do a internet search you should be able to get rough ideas of costs associated with each part.  I'm guessing it's the dealer offering this as I'm not aware of HS offering extended warranties

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »
  I would say the same.   And yeah it's the dealer offering it is gambling on the spa wont have an issue.    If it only has one issue he is still covered.   More than one issue over that 2 years on one spa he eats it, chance he takes.  That being said the more extended warranty's he sells odds are he will be alright  as 5 others with no problem outweigh the one that does..  I think LOL!! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42