Original > Hot Tub Forum

Monarch Silver Cartridge in Caldera Spas

(1/3) > >>

pkingroch:
Our spa was delivered yesterday, but we can't find the monarch silver cartridge anywhere.  We purchased a Geneva Utopia.  Setup/delivery by our dealer has left us with several issues and the dealer will be bringing another one out for us as well as fixing the problems created by the first delivery crew.

My guess is that the sivler cartridge similar to Nature2.  Can anyone comment on this system?  Pricing?  Effectiveness?

Thanks!
Paul

tubin:
PKingRoch,

Yes, the monarch cartridge is made by Nature2...I double checked this by looking at mine (Geneva Utopia too) and it has Nature2 molded on the side of it.  It is just Nature2's brand sold only to Caldera.

If it is in your spa, it is actually inside your filter.  easy to check,
1. just pull up and out on your waterfall/filter lid and the straining basket (floating weir basket) is seen
2.  turn the base of the weir counter clockwise(at the notches on the top of the base that is not floating)
3.  once it turns a little, lift the weir straight out of the spa.
4.  now you should see the top of your filter
5.  grab the rail/handle on the top of the filter and twist it either way while pulling upwards (it doesn't screw on/off, just slips over a filling in the bottom.
5.  now the pull the filter out of the spa (it is tall) and look inside the opening in the bottom of the filter.  
6.  if it is not there, then look in the bottom of the filter well, it sometimes will fall out when you take the filter out.

Well if it isn't there, you didn't get the cartridge.  as far as price, my dealer asks $30 dollars for one  :o and I have seen them vary from 20-40 dollars on the net.

As far as effectiveness, I am almost to the end of my 4 month use of mine and I am planning on trying the spa without the cartridge.  I have yet to hear an ACTUAL testimony from a user that has tried with and without the cartridge.  There is certainy enough debate whether or not these work.

I will post my findings in later (maybe July/August) but it all depends on when I choose to drain the tub.  I have the identical tub as you do so keep an eye out for me in the future as I plan on giving a detailed analysis of my findings here.

Good luck w/the install #2

pkingroch:
Tubin,

Nope, it's not there.  There is a plastic sleeve, that the filter fits over and then fits over the suction inlet, but no mineral cartridge.  Again, the dealer should be bringing another one today.

The Nature2's can be bought on the web for around $10 each if you buy in quantity - any ideas on a suitable replacement?

Thanks - we'll see about install #2 and post later.
Paul

johnnythunders:
Where can i buy the nature2 for around $10 on the net.I can buy 12 of them.johnny Thunders

tubin:
Where did you see this good deal?  You definitely peaked Johnnythunders and my interests!

I don't know of another mineral type treatment for your spa that would make a good replacemet to the Nature2 cartridge.  They may hold a patent on the process and the corner on the market for now.

I am hoping that I find no difference in my chemical routine (low dichlor/chems, virtually no smells, burning eyes, etc) after I stop the Nature2.

Please post a site where you found the ~$10 price...the lowest I can find is around 19 dollars for 4 cartridges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version