Original > Hot Tub Forum

Monarch Silver Cartridge in Caldera Spas

<< < (3/3)

tubin:
 ;D  ;D  ;D

ha ha ...oh boy,

i just re-read my earlier post about the "19 dollar for 4" deal....SORRY i wrote it down wrong!

i feel like a dummy now, well the cheapest i saw the cartridges for was a buying 4 at a time for 19 a piece.

that does bring up a good question, how do you know if you are buying new cartridges off ebay or someone's used cartridges?  i looked at mine and it is about 3 months old and still looks the same....hmmm.

i could only find the spa cartridges from nature2 in only one size.  i think they come with extension rods that snap into place to make it longer if needed.

Spatech_tuo:
Don't worry, you'll know if its a used one simply by looking at the silver beads. Once you see a used one you'll know what I mean.

autoplay:
I can't answer as far as if they are the same product.  I can tell you,I have a 2003 Geneva Utopia,and I use the nature2 with di-chlor,and I shock about once a week.

Very easy to install......only tool needed is a hack saw,to cut the length to fit on the yellow plastic extension/s.
I change my nature2 filter about every 4 months.

pkingroch:
autoplay -

Hacksaw, really?  We just had a geneva utopia delivered and the dealer brought out a Nature2 cart for me.  I put it in, but I didn't use both of the extension rods, I just used one.  I figured that as long as it wasn't on the bottom blocking off the intake it would be ok.

So, you di-chlor with a weekly shock.  What do you normally keep you PPM at?  I was reading the material that came with the spa and Watkins recommends 3-5 ppm, but I've read on the net that 1-3 ppm with Nature2 is supposed to be good (with a weekly shock of course).

Comments?
Thanks!
Paul

Spatech_tuo:
The reality is you can use the hacksaw and cut the extension to your desired length quite easily. The question I have is 4 months down the line when Autoplay has to replace the cartridge, does he throw away the old extension and pull out the hacksaw again to cut the new extension or does he take the shortened extension off the spent unit and simply connect it to the new one?? ;D ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version