What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still shopping.......  (Read 64834 times)

Ryan VSO

Re: Still shopping.......
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 01:21:05 am »
IM saying that the Uv system they are using is the 2008 model , I know you guys did not use Uv before ... and yes your jets broke alot in the past , hopefully they are better now. why you are offering only 2 years of warranty on them while other offer 3 or 5 .

What I meant for your cover is because of the shape of the 400 series you cant get a standard 5-4 cover 1.5 density cover at 259 $ , since its custum made or direct from jacuzzi it cost more , I do sell personnaly 1000 covers a year and we sell any custum cover for 479 $ while other in our area sell custum cover for 549 $.

If not how much would you sell a j-400 cover to a custumer 5-4 ? jacuzzi dealer over here charge 499 $
how many gpm this uv system do ?

dont get mad i said you guys had a circ pump wich is great :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:40:25 am by Vortex Spas Canada »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 01:21:05 am »

Quickbeam

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 01:49:07 am »
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but as I am also looking for a first tub, I was curious Tman122, if you would post what your top 5 tubs would be?

My top 5 means nothing to you. But being an INDEPENDENT part time repair guy for not just hot tubs but anything plumbing for about 25-30 years now I have had the chance to be around and repair many tubs from many manufacturers. So far in my experience you have to have Hot Springs in any ones top 5 including mine. They have a great reputation for longevity, reliability, energy efficiency and are backed by the largest hot tub manufacturer in the world. Sundance.......ditto. Marquis has also proven in my area to be bullet proof and are backed by a stellar company. Their plumbing and jets are so well engineered I don't think you can find a better hydrotherapy machine anywhere. Dimension One also has a great reputation and their energy efficiency is as good as Hot Springs. And their Nautilus model is MY personal favorite tub. Laid out well and felt more comfortable to me than any tub I have had my butt in. These 4 brands I have had the pleasure of disposing of 18-20 year old models pretty regularly and even one HS that was 26 years old and still functioning. As for number 5, I am still up in the air between about 5 others to include Arctic that I think does the perimeter insulation right but still not perfect. I do find their seating rather confining but that's a personal thing. And to me they seemed a bit noisy even though some claim the perimeter insulation's method makes them quieter in my experience this isn't true.

I like Artesian, Beachcomber. Jacuzzi and they will make my top ten along with Clearwater, Vita and Saratoga. Ooops that's 11. From there I would have to include Bullfrog for their effort to do something different. I have not wet tested one so can't comment on the feel or longevity/energy efficiency.....yet. And then there's Caldera which is made by the same folks who make HS and has to be jammed in my top ten for their reputation. And Dynasty and Emerald which may not be top tier but good choices for middle of the road and can be had for less money. Almost all the top manufacturers have tubs that fit in here with different names. And in the value less expensive category I like Great Lakes, Viking, Nordic and a couple others but this category has so many I forget a lot of their names until I see one to work on it. These seem to be the ones I see more often as they are out of warranty and I don't work for any dealers except when they run short they have my number and I don't have as much time anymore for hot tub repair.

Hope this helps and answers your question.

I understand that I need to do my own shopping and decide what is comfortable for me. I will most definitely be doing some wet testing in the next few months. What I was looking for was your opinion on reliability, etc., based on your experience. Your answer provided me exactly what I was looking for and I thank you for it. Much appreciated!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 06:21:47 am »
    I would say Tman is again spot on with what he says, but if you are going to put Sundance in another level above Jacuzzi it doesn't make sense as they use virtually the same equipment less Jets and filtration and a couple of other goodies for the most part as Jacuzzi..

Sorry Jim I have a bad taste in my mouth for Jacuzzi. They make a great product and do have a good reputation. I wish there was a dealer in my area. I may see them more. They don't make my top 5 but are a fine top tier tub IMO. I used to work on a couple built in hot tubs at a health club that used Jacuzzi pumps and gas heaters and they were fabulous pumps. It took a long time to convince the owner that the Pentair Intelliflo would be a better choice. Those Jacuzzi pumps had a lot of power and moved a lot of water.

Make sure to use VSC when talking about that middle man from Canada for Chinese made tubs. I think his reasoning for flooding the board is to get his tubs name out there for easy search purposes.
Retired

Mudheadsports

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:06 am »
Thanx all!!!!  I do want opinions!!!!!  We are new to shopping for one and had gotten more confused than anything the more we looked.  We are still looking and have found a marquis dealer and will be checking them out too!!!!!  I think that bottom line is get opinions and as many facts together as you can....talk, talk, talk......dry test....wet test and make a decision based on personal preferences.  Any other I site will definitely be appreciated. 
We just got back from a vacation where the house had a tub....built in with two....yes two mediocre jets so anything else would be a definite improvement!!!!! 
If you have more in site, feel free to add....if there are other brands we should look at please also let me know.
Thanx again
Linda

Darzmr

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 12:27:28 pm »
Linda, IMHO - wet tests are imperative.  I liked several spas (dry) but when I did a wet test, I discounted most of them.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »
Is it true that sundance is now using lx pumps from china?

Is it true your tubs are made in China and aren't UL listed?

Ryan VSO

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »
Yeah , we are the biggest retailler in Aus , make many show per year in canada and each time the inspector come by our product he forget to make sure we are listed . We are so lucky !!

Am i right to say that sundance and jacuzzi are made in mexico and sundance is using chiness pumps ? Are they ul listed?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:17:28 pm by Vortex Spas Canada »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »
I believe they are both made in Mexico. The pumps I have no idea as I don't carry either of those brands. I know they are both UL listed which it seems you guys aren't.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:48 pm »
We use intertek

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »
Sundance and jacuzzi are both UL listed. It has nothing to do with the pump being UL listed or any components. The entire tub when it is put together has to go through a rigorous inspection process to become UL listed. It's expensive for a manufacturer to do. All of your construction processes need to be documented and strictly adhered to.

I would recommend to any potential buyers to avoid any hot tubs that are not UL listed. Or any electrical product for that matter.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
yeah you have to actually send a tub there , they evaluate it then give you the listing , cost us 15 k just to refresh ours.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »
Vortex,
Just to clarify, your spas are UL listed?   
I didn't understand that from your earlier posts.

meriflower

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »
Rose - He's not really saying so I would take that as a NO.

http://www.poolspanews.com/international-projects/made-in-china.aspx

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »
Tman and Vortex, I'm going ask that you two bow out of this thread unless it is a message addressing a point by the OP about his shopping.  Debates  not related to the thread it is posted in can be handled by PM.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mudheadsports

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »
Ok vortex and tman....enough sparing!!!!!!  You both have some great input....stop with the jabs...or maybe left hooks!!!  Lol
Thanx again.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42