General > Beating a dead horse

9 months still no issues

<< < (9/11) > >>

Tman122:

--- Quote from: brillskill on December 13, 2013, 09:06:31 am ---Spoiled I bought a calspa from a website!..I live in NY!..

--- End quote ---

If money was no object, how do you feel Calspa ranks overall in your top ten hot tubs?  Or does it even make your top ten? You've done plenty of research and been around a while. Based on quality, longevity, energy efficiency and manufacturer customer support reputation. Where would you rank Calspa?

I just sold a 9 year old Calspa.

brillskill:
obviously money played an important role in my decision..my needs for a tub were just hot water and decent bubbles,my neighbor directly across the street has a grandee and i knew for me the price was overkill for me since i only wanted something to jump in quick after the gym and for my 2 young children to play in maybe after swimming in my pool..as far as cost to run,i will find out soon when i have to square up with my utility company,,but i suspect like 30 to 40 bucks more a month.my former 110 tub was around that much..as far as longevity,cant say only have it 9 months..as far as customer satisfaction with company,i am pleased when the tub first arrived the cover was defective (had a hole in the flap where the seems meet in the middle) calspa made me take a picture and than 2 weeks later sent me a new cover..all in all like ive said many times ..in this price range (thats if you can still get it for 3grand..its currently over 4grand) i think its a good value..gets hot jets feel good and maintaining has been a breeze

Tman122:
So you don't want to answer. That's OK. I may have assumed you had more knowledge of the 100 or so brands on the market currently. But there are a lot of 3-4 grand choices that can make the water hot and bubbles. Remember I also am not a Hot Springs fan. I think they are overpriced and there are better options out there.

But I do know from experience that Calspa is not a top of the line brand. And if they made a value tub for any one of the online retailers that multiple manufactures sell to it will undoubtedly be only worth exactly what you paid for it. If a 6 grand tub lasts for 10-12 years and a 3 grand tub last's for anything more than 5-6 then it's a good value. But that's a long ways off for you. And I'm not sure you can make that determination at 9 months.

If you went to a dealer for a 3 grand tub it wouldn't be 6 grand it would be more like 3800 so you did save a little money by not using a dealer. But you also lost some warm and fuzzys that a lot of people don't mind paying for that can be useful in the first few years of ownership.

brillskill:
Well I think I got value in what I paid for it..I did research most of the tubs in this price range..couldn't find one with acrylic and 2 year parts and labor..but you are right what do I know?..that's why I always like to say IMO ..and btw I thought I did answer

Tman122:
I guess I was looking for how you think Cal rates in the grand skeem of things. If money was no concern what do you feel are the best manufacturers out there?

Did you look at Great Lakes or Viking? Proven value. Not sure if either is available online though. But they do have 3-4 grand tubs. I paid 4200 for my GL Ottawa which is now the GL6

Took the day off home all day. Got up to 5 degrees and I got a lot of snow moved around. Turned my wheeler into an ice block when I went out on the lake and hit the slush on top of the ice. Got 10 inches of ice 12 inches of slush and 2 feet of snow on the lake. Tough to get around out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version