What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs pricing - Houston - Vanguard & Grandee & Grandee NXT  (Read 10517 times)

CtheNameisC

So far im getting 2016 MSRP prices of:
$14,995msrp for the Vanguard
$15,995msrp for the Grandee
$16,995msrp for the Grandee NXT

They are offering:
10% off (hottub itself) with free ACE water system
or
20% off (hottub itself)

(no steps or additional top addons are included)

+500 (deluxe spa delivery)
+79 (Startup kit freshwater)
+1572.5 (120ft electrical run)

tax rates are at 7.25%

Are these MSRPs correct and is this an ok deal?

Im also curious how much ACE is to add on later?

Hot Tub Forum

Chris_H

Re: Hot Springs pricing - Houston - Vanguard & Grandee & Grandee NXT
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »
actually the are a little high.  You have some room there
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:37:47 pm by Chris_H »

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:54:57 pm »
ACE is generally $1100-1500 depending on the sale.  Adding it on after the fact isn't terribly hard to do.  I could install it in 10 minutes, maybe less, and I am hardly a super handy guy.

Is the dealer licensed to do electrical?  I wouldn't pay them to do anything unless they were, but that's just me. 

The discounted prices seem in line with what I sell those hot tubs for if they aren't financing, although I don't necessarily make you pay extra for delivery.  I put that in the price along with a step and a lift (at least a basic type.)  Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust the average consumer to deliver their own hot tub without severely damaging it! ;

CtheNameisC

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:14:08 am »
ACE is generally $1100-1500 depending on the sale.  Adding it on after the fact isn't terribly hard to do.  I could install it in 10 minutes, maybe less, and I am hardly a super handy guy.

Is the dealer licensed to do electrical?  I wouldn't pay them to do anything unless they were, but that's just me. 

The discounted prices seem in line with what I sell those hot tubs for if they aren't financing, although I don't necessarily make you pay extra for delivery.  I put that in the price along with a step and a lift (at least a basic type.)  Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust the average consumer to deliver their own hot tub without severely damaging it! ;

I believe adding ACE on after will be the route i take, though i may just do it the old fashion way and save myself the money.

As far as electrical goes, they are licensed, do pools, patios ect..

I believe I'm going with a grandee with mocha siding and platinum inside, ends up being 1275(just tub) +500(Delivery)+375(toplift)+electrical to be about 16,400 w/taxes. It was like pulling teeth to even get that price. I was really hoping to be about 2K cheaper and this is without ACE and without steps(build my own). Somehow i feel as though this isnt a good deal, I mean my 3 year old sports car is worth as much as this thing. - first tub.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
just as reference.....around this market, not including tax

Vanguard 11.5k ish
Grandee 13k ish
Grandee NXT 14.5k ish

I wouldn't pay more than $995 for ACE...there are tons of after market options for that price or slightly cheaper with 3x the warranty of the ACE

CtheNameisC

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »

Vanguard 11.5k ish
Grandee 13k ish
Grandee NXT 14.5k ish

I wouldn't pay more than $995 for ACE...there are tons of after market options for that price or slightly cheaper with 3x the warranty of the ACE

Thumbs up on the after market option, thanks for suggestion

As far as those prices go, what does that typicaly include(lift,step,shipping) or is that just the bare spa?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »

Vanguard 11.5k ish
Grandee 13k ish
Grandee NXT 14.5k ish

Thumbs up on the after market option, thanks for suggestion

As far as those prices go, what does that typicaly include(lift,step,shipping) or is that just the bare spa?

Cover Lifter (If you have the space Hot Springs cover cradle is a good lifter) basic plastic step, and delivery (crane if needed could be extra) should all be standard/included items...Stereo and ACE System would be added cost options

CCC

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »
I paid $12,150 + tax for the Grandee (not NXT) in February. It included a cover and steps. The dealer is in Portland, OR, is is not known for giving things away at crazy prices. Their "normal" price on it is $13,500.

CCC

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »
Oh, and that also included delivery over an hour away, and the start up chemicals. And my delivery was a tough one. Electrical costs are a separate discussion.

CtheNameisC

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:08 pm »
Oh, and that also included delivery over an hour away, and the start up chemicals. And my delivery was a tough one. Electrical costs are a separate discussion.

Wow thats a good deal, 2016 model?, I Referred my dealer to this post and so far they haven't contacted me back, figures.... I may have scared them off asking for free shipping,steps,lift,chemicals w/grandee for 13K pre-tax. Looks like i may have to look elsewhere or with another manufacturer because they don't want to do business. I was doing 1500 in electric and 2400 in concrete work and was possibly going to buy the cold zone system bcz texas gets hot (that or bags of ice). O well

Any idea on the price of that cold zone system anyone?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:29:14 pm by CtheNameisC »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »
Prices is all about what the market will allow.  You can't really pinpoint a price on one

d00nut

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 05:24:32 pm »
CCC got a great spa at an amazing price.  Not everyone sells it for that low.  I would generally say that is way outside the norm. 

We sell it for roughly $13k-$14k depending on options.  Cool Zone is of varying prices.  The reason is because the dealer can't install that.  All we can do is provide the product, than you need an HVAC installer to hook it up.  I would say you could expect to pay $2000-$3000 for the Cool Zone option.

Our dealership actually haven't sold one yet, as it doesn't get crazy hot here.  It gets hot... just not crazy hot.

CCC

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »
Wow thats a good deal, 2016 model?

CCC got a great spa at an amazing price.

Yes, it was a 2016 model. It was one they had "in the pipe" (on its way) so to speak, so it wasn't a special order. I'm sure that means something. Funny, I was balking a little bit at the time because of some of the crazy prices I see people on a couple of forums claiming to have gotten. In retrospect, though, I realize I got a very fair deal from a dealer that has been in business forever and has a great service department. The salesman has been great answering my questions and spent lots of time on the phone with me walking me through stuff. Great after the sale service, Oregon Hot Tub! The price I got was on a special "Black Friday" weekend deal, and at the time I was incredulous that it would only be good for that weekend. Now, after seeing more on this forum, I realize I got a great deal and it's all good.

I love the Grandee. With four people in there there is no playing footsies. Plenty of room. It's a quality unit. I'm 6'4" and I am satisfied. The wireless controller is awesome. I don't have Ace but sometimes I wish I did. We'll see how that goes.

Good luck in your quest.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42