What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Jetsetter JJ - Ozone line broke and leaked and now the panel is dark  (Read 2675 times)

DaveS

Just cleaned tub / filters and refilled over the weekend.  Got water to temp and balanced all was good and functional.   Stepped away for 2 hrs and when i came back to soak, panel and tub was dead.  Heard a drip, removed front panel and discovered that ozone like broke free from ozonator (Freshwater III) and was leaking.   No water anywhere near (sealed) Control box (IQ2020), just down around circ pump and heater.

Seems that power is getting to outdoor outlet.  The tub's built in GFI on the plug lights up and can be tested and reset.   

The ozone unit needs to be replaced.  the little plastic nub that the hose attached to is cracked off.   Thats easy.  I removed the onzonator's leads from the circuit board (as if it wasn't equipped with one), nothing. 

Is my board fried?  is there some fuse or breaker that I'm missing.  Does anyone know where to go next.   I have the skills to repair/replace any of the components, i just dont know how to diagnose the issue.   I would LOVE to avoid paying for / dealing with getting a tech out to look at it until i know I've exhausted my options...

Thanks so much in advance.   
Dave
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:30:35 pm by DaveS »

Hot Tub Forum

DaveS

I'll be the first to reply to my question:  It was the hotsprings GFCI plug.   It was lit and appeared to be okay, but there was no juice making it through the plug.    Ordered a generic one on amazon for $20.  Had to turn the orientation of the receptacle upside down in the waterproof box, but i'm back baby!.

Need to replace ozonator too, but I'm live again.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42