What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What do you consider a 'local' dealer?  (Read 4313 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
What do you consider a 'local' dealer?
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:30:23 pm »
I've been looking in my area and am limited on the manufacturers I can look at because I've only got 4 dealers I would consider dealing with here.  If I went as far as 2 hours in a couple of different directions it would open up a whole list of things that I could look at.  Is it wise to look at a dealer 2 hours away?  Or is that considered local enough for service purposes?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

What do you consider a 'local' dealer?
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:30:23 pm »

OnMedic

Re: What do you consider a 'local' dealer?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:46:14 pm »
Local is as far as your dealer is willing to drive, within one-two days notice without charging milage. That being said, if a dealer is 2 hours away and says he/she would be committed to servicing you, including water problems, within a day or two, I would be suspect! I would personally keep it within 1/2 hour!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 09:51:11 pm by OnMedic »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 10:13:16 pm »
... I would personally keep it within 1/2 hour!
If only I could... within 1/2 hour i'd only have one dealer to choose from :-/

I guess it would depend on the area.  
In my area, 'local' dealers are considered within 1 and up to 1 1/2 hours. Obviously, the closer the better if you have the option.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 10:30:02 pm by empolgation »
e

OnMedic

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 10:14:17 pm »
Where are you located?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:44:08 pm »
I to think that what may be local for someone would be quite a distance for others....you know where your at and if typically to get most service you are an hour an hour and half away that might be local than for you...but you might also expect to pay a service call fee...Just make sure that what ever you are told at a dealership they put it in writing for you if you buy from them....

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 11:12:23 pm »
We're in the Raleigh area of NC.   There are a lot of dealers as far as Charlotte or Wilmington that are about 2 hours away.  There are more than 4 dealers here but they either wouldn't let us wet test or we just didn't get a good feeling once we visited them.

Right now I think my search is this area is limited to Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hotspring, Marquis, and maybe Master, Artesian and Saratoga.  We've got dealers for Caldera, PDC Spas, LA Spas, Cal Spas, Bullfrog and a few others but we can't wet test at those places or they would only sell stuff they have on the floor (no special orders).  We're in the market for probably an $8000 or so tub so I'd really like to get what I want and be able to test it first.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 01:32:57 am »
bulmer4nc, it looks like you have a great choice in your area, the brands you first listed are recognized as being among the best, you shouldn't need to gamble on the more distant dealers.

Most all agree on this forum that wet testing is key to making an educated choice. Best of Luck.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:33:21 am by empolgation »
e

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 10:10:43 am »
I've purchased a Master Spa from Tampa--200 miles away.  Not the best solution because of mileage but maybe the best solution because I'm getting the spa that I want and they are the nearest dealer.....good luck!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 10:10:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42