What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should of had a Beachcomber  (Read 3617 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Should of had a Beachcomber
« on: June 19, 2004, 09:28:25 pm »
This is a long story I hope you will find amusing.  Steve, I have the evidence if you want to send it to Beachcomber, I think they got the raw deal here.

It was the summer of 2002, we decided to put off buying our spa another year so we could take our daughter on a trip to Hollywood so she could see The Price is Right TV show in person.  

It was a great time and the show was memorable for a lot of reasons, not the least was it featured the dumbest contestants ever.  The show aired in October and we taped it.  I also recorded it on my computer with my tv tuner card.    It sat on my hard drive for two years until I received a DVDR drive for my birthday and Father's day.

I burned the show to a DVD and we watched it tonight. As I mentioned it, this show had the dumbest contestants.  The first item up for bid was a 250cc dirtbike.  The first dumb kid bid $50,000.

Anyway, the next dumb contestant and game I remember well now.  The game was the check game.  In this game, they show a prize and the player has to write a check that when added to the price of the prize adds to between $5000 and 6000.  

Well, the prize was,  (using my Roddy voice)  "A BRAND NEW SPA!"  Roddy then says the spa is from Beachcomber.   Bob Barker asks the stupid kid if he knows how to play the game.  He replies that he has to write the check for the amount of the "Jacuzzi" Bob then explained that he needed to come up with an amount that when added to the "Jacuzzi" totaled between 5 and 6k. At least twice more it was referred to as a Jacuzzi.   Anyway, the ignorant kid writes the check for $13000.    

The show ends with this brainles dolt going home with the spa, and both showcase and nearly $100,000 in cash and prizes.

Steve, I really think Beachomber got ripped on this one, they gave  nice spa and got almost no exposure!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 09:41:32 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Should of had a Beachcomber
« on: June 19, 2004, 09:28:25 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Should of had a Beachcomber
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:02:50 am »
Great Story Bill!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 01:14:04 am »
Ahhhh... the power of branding.
(I suppose that's why Sundance was interested...)

How often do you ask for a Kleenex® when you want to wipe your nose?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 01:14:31 am by empolgation »
e

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 01:39:09 am »
 :-/ Interesting....

Maybe we should have Mr. Barker neutered ? :D

Steve

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 07:09:38 am »
You mean he's NOT neutered already???? ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 12:17:36 pm »
You mean he's NOT neutered already???? ;D

No but he is house broken......well most of the time....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 12:17:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42