What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ebay and Nature2  (Read 4436 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Ebay and Nature2
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:12:36 pm »
I see some very good prices on Ebay for Nature2.maybe i should stock up a bit.Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

Ebay and Nature2
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:12:36 pm »

Rboehme

Re: Ebay and Nature2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:49:47 pm »
Your spa dealer would probably appreciate it if you purchased your nature2 from him. He is the person you will have to rely on if you have a problem with your water.

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 11:34:40 pm »
Spoken as if the advice was offered from a spa dealer...

if you understand your water chemistry, you should be fine...

Pooldevil

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 06:56:31 am »
You should check with your dealer on matching prices ...
He should be ok with this ... rather than loose a sale.
He needs you as much as you need him !

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 07:33:30 am »
Your spa dealer would probably appreciate it if you purchased your nature2 from him. He is the person you will have to rely on if you have a problem with your water.

Hmm, I rely on myself and sometimes forums like this. I support my dealer in a lot of ways, but a profitable purchase for both of us does not obligate me to purchase everything from him for life.    

My dealer and I have a great relationship that has continued after the sale, but he switched brands of chemicals he carries to a brand with better margins that I dont' think works as well. Should I stay with him?  After a year or so, I think I can handle any water problems as well as he can.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Rboehme

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 07:56:59 pm »

Hmm, I rely on myself and sometimes forums like this. I support my dealer in a lot of ways, but a profitable purchase for both of us does not obligate me to purchase everything from him for life.    

My dealer and I have a great relationship that has continued after the sale, but he switched brands of chemicals he carries to a brand with better margins that I dont' think works as well. Should I stay with him?  After a year or so, I think I can handle any water problems as well as he can.

While you may not always need your dealer for water chemistry issues. You probably need your dealer for your warrantee repairs.

Almost every brand of spa has an exclusion in thier warrantee against improper water chemistry.(read your fine print).

Most dealers will go ahead and fix your spa under warrantee even though they could easily prove that improper water chemistry had at least a small part in your spa failing. They are willing to do this because they want your business.

There is a chance that if you start taking your business elseware that your dealer will no longer fix problems caused by water chemistry under warrantee.(they do not have to). Instead they will charge you for the repairs. I used to work for a dealer that did just this. It is amazing how often dealers take you business personally.

While you are under no obligation to buy your chemicals from your spa dealer. I can assure you that your dealer would appreciate it if you did.

Keep in mind that your dealer is not under any obligation to bend the warrantee rules for you. Most will, but they do not have to.

F.Y.I. After only having one spa for one year it is very unlikely that you have came accross every water chemistry problem that can occur in you spa. Your dealers experience is MUCH more valuable than you realize.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 09:20:00 pm »
I told my dealer why is his prices on the nature2 much higher then the ones on ebay,he even said that was cheap at the prices i was telling him.He told me to get them off of ebay since it is much cheaper.Johnny Thunders

Rboehme

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 09:23:58 pm »
I told my dealer why is his prices on the nature2 much higher then the ones on ebay,he even said that was cheap at the prices i was telling him.He told me to get them off of ebay since it is much cheaper.Johnny Thunders

Sounds like you have a good dealer.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 11:15:58 pm »
I asked him maybe i should buy some CHEMS from him and he said that theres no rush since I have at least 6 months of Chems,And it was good he said to buy the Nature2 on ebay since it was wayyyyy cheaper.Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 11:15:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42