What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jets are too powerful on Jacuzzi J-355  (Read 6053 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Jets are too powerful on Jacuzzi J-355
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:33:06 pm »
I am 6ft2in 230 lbs and its hard to stay in the loungers at times because the jets are very powerfull.Even when I am not in the lounger the jets are blowing me out of my other seat.I think i should turn the jets down a bit.Its very hard moving around from seat to seat while the jets are on,But very happy with the jacuzzi.Johnny Thunders :o

Hot Tub Forum

Jets are too powerful on Jacuzzi J-355
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:33:06 pm »

Roborph

Re: Jets are too powerful on Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:32:20 pm »
Hey JT,
You'll probably get alot of responses on that comment about the power of the jets.  Seems people knock jacuzzi for not having enough power! I'm with you. I think jacuzzi has plenty of power, big jets, therefore no itchy feeling.  Enjoy the J-355 and welcome to spatopia!!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:52:13 pm »
Thanks Roborph,and yes they are very powerful,can't move around in the spa got to take it very slow moving from chair to chair.when I am in the lounger its funny because its a big lounger and you can spread out and at times you need to be carefull because you will float out of your seat and with the other chair same thing very powerful and seats are wide and you can move around them very well.Its a very well built spa and i am glad i bought a brand name and not worrying about the spa in 4 years and 11 months because i have 5 years labor and parts on it.I am sure other brands have other features but i am very happy at what i bought without spending another $1000 or two.....lol.Johnny Thunders

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 10:58:37 pm »
Does your tub have a low and high speed on the pumps? Can't you adjust the power right at the jet?

Steve

Roborph

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 11:14:57 pm »
 That's right, most of the jets can be decreased or increased in power by a simple twist of the jet. There are also 2 diverters on my J-370. I'm not sure if this is JT's first spa, but I think when first using a spa there is a short time of "getting used to the jets"

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 12:19:11 am »
The power tends to "soften up" after a while 3-6 months but in the meantime why not simply turn the diverter towards the other seats? You can also simply turn off the air injection which provides a completely different feel.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 01:35:06 am »
I'm curious. Did you wet test before purchasing and if so did you check out each seat?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 07:42:13 am »
I would have bought the J-360 last year without another thought, except everyone here kept telling me to "wet test, wet test"!!  And now I sure am glad they did!!!

It was a great spa, but I could not keep myself in the lounge without the jets on (floated) much less with the jets on.  The power was too much for me, notice I said me!

Glad you love your spa.  I'm sure there is a "breaking in" period.  I know there was with my Vanguard.  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 10:08:38 am »
.Its very hard moving around from seat to seat while the jets are on,But very happy with the jacuzzi.Johnny Thunders :o

I think you will find that will diminish as you get to know your tub better. (Kind of like the way you can get around your house in the dark after a few years.)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 10:10:21 am »
It was a great spa, but I could not keep myself in the lounge

What was it Randy Newman said about you short people?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 03:51:03 pm »
I like the diverters and its nice that i can shut it off when I want too,I didnot wet test it.But shopped around and seen lots of no name brands for around the same $6000.Some of the jets feel like needles and pins what a nice feeling lol.Yes the first pump has 2 speeds and 2nd pump has 1 speed.How much more power do i need in the jets because I think they are just right.I know i will need to learn a bit and play with the buttons a bit to see whats what.Maybe in a few months as yea say things will change a bit and if that happens no big deal,can't see it changing that much.The LED lights are cool but I am not ready to use it at night ,too many bugs flying around.Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 03:51:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42