What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub not heating  (Read 5521 times)

Michael H

hot tub not heating
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:10 am »
Have a 2003 Solana tx hot tub that is not heating? have installed a new heater, replaced pressure sensor, still won't heat?
pump works fine, controls seem to be working fine, still NO heat? did notice that pump runs for 2 hours and shuts down still no temp change. can you help..

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub not heating
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:10 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: hot tub not heating
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  We have several experienced techs here and a lot of people with Hot Springs experience. Somebody who actually knows something will be along shortly.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jk3700

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:00:51 am »
Hi,  I'm not a spa technician but I've played around with spas for quite a while.  I do have a couple of suggestions that you might look into to help.  One.  I've had the 'no heat problem' before and it turned out to be a water flow switch.  Do not know if your particular unit has one but this switch is designed to keep the heater from turning on if there wasn't any water flow.

Along the same lines, no water flow could mean there is a problem with your pump.  If you replaced the pressure sensor, this could contribute to the problem.  Obviously, if the pump is not giving you high enough pressure the heater won't come on or if the pressure sensors pressure setting is too high, this might be the problem.

Another problem could be you have air in the lines, hense, no flow.  I would open the water line just before the heater to let some water [and air if there is any] to see if you have 100% water.  Hopefully, if you get some air out, things will start working.

On my tub control board, there is a LED the turns on when the system is calling for heat.  Do you have one of these?  This will help you localize the problem.

Hope these ideas help.

Let me know how it goes.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »
Hi,  I'm not a spa technician but I've played around with spas for quite a while.  I do have a couple of suggestions that you might look into to help.  One.  I've had the 'no heat problem' before and it turned out to be a water flow switch. 

I had this problem with my older Dynasty tub.  I was able to short the flow switch and the heater would come on and stay on until it came up to temp.   That gave me enough evidence so that Dynasty sent a new one to a local tech whom they had install it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

goneaway

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:16:51 am »
This may or may not help.
I doubt that it's for your Spa, but it may give some pointers/ideas.

www.netroebuck.co.uk/spaservice.pdf

Michael H

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:16 am »
Problem has been solved for know, I went out on a limb and bought a NEW temperature probe. This seemed to be the problem, everything is working fine again YA!

Thank you all for your tips and advise on my spa problems..

Michael H.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42