What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa shows....  (Read 3567 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
spa shows....
« on: June 16, 2004, 09:52:59 pm »
Hi....

I was wondering if anyone here has had the experience, I had this past weekend of a "Big grand spa Show" for your local area with the promotion that many "major" manufactures will be there.... only to go to the show and find out that it is promoted by only one "smaller wishing to be seen as big" manufacture...and when asked about where is everybody else...the answer is " they found out we were coming and did not want to compete" but it is very easy to see that the whole lay out of the show would not even allow for the display of any more manufactures....I will not name the manufacture....but it is one who I personally feel strongly that they contribute mightily to the poor light in which many see the spa industry....lol....and it is not Cal Spas.... ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 10:10:02 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

spa shows....
« on: June 16, 2004, 09:52:59 pm »

Roborph

Re: spa shows....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:38:39 pm »
I've not been to a spa show. But isn't it strange that now I feel more likely to go to one? I also find myself stopping in spa stores to check out their product...I know I'm not going to buy, but I like to look......I think I should go now.......................

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:57:08 pm »
lol...... ;D...perhaps we should all go now....

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 12:05:26 am »
Hi....

I was wondering if anyone here has had the experience, I had this past weekend of a "Big grand spa Show" for your local area with the promotion that many "major" manufactures will be there.... only to go to the show and find out that it is promoted by only one "smaller wishing to be seen as big" manufacture...and when asked about where is everybody else...the answer is " they found out we were coming and did not want to compete" but it is very easy to see that the whole lay out of the show would not even allow for the display of any more manufactures....I will not name the manufacture....but it is one who I personally feel strongly that they contribute mightily to the poor light in which many see the spa industry....lol....and it is not Cal Spas.... ;)

Similar thing happened recently here in Charlotte. The event was announced as a "Big Spa Show".  When we got there it turned out to be little more than a new dealer in town showing his spas at the same time another event was going on at the same venue. The "other" event had rides and barBque, etc making it seem like there was a lot going on  around spas but once you got into the show you quickly learned that it was simply that Master Spa had a new dealer and the Master representatives were in town showing Master Spas. In all I was happy I went but if I had been a true shopper I would have been EXTREMELY dissapointed in the lack of variety. I went the second day and they had not sold a spa. Another friend of mine went around closing time of the final day and confirmed that they had not sold anything at the show "But they did have lots of leads".Since I'm not in the business it's nice to see another national brand come to town but from the prices they were quoting they won't be around long enough to make any waves in the market. When I asked to see spas in their $5500 to $7500 range they only had one and it was a down east (the lower end model). After I chatted with the area rep and he started to understand that I had a clue, he pretty much admitted that they are expecting to sell more higher end spas in this area. It is true that there is a solid wealthy community that may be able to support the higher end of the market, but day-in, day-out the reseller will need the $5K to $8K staples to survive. I guess he'll learn the hard way..
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 12:35:48 am »
lol....sounds eerily familiar nadabunka....there was another show going on else where on the grounds....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 12:35:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42