What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circ pump shutting off on Jacuzzi...  (Read 3619 times)

44blues

Circ pump shutting off on Jacuzzi...
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »
I have a 6 yr old 400 series spa. I've been noticing the circ pump sometimes shutting off when spa temperature is at desired level. To clarify, if the spa temp is set at 101 & the temp of the spa water is 101 the circ pump isn't running all the time. I know it is supposed to shut off if the spa water heats up above the set temp, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. If I raise the spa temp to 102 or 103 the circ pump kicks on. It has been hot lately and my spa does get a good bit of sun exposure, but it seems to stop running even when temp isn't over where it's set. Does it take a while to kick on again if the water has heated up above set temp and has cooled off?

-thanks for any info or help
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:35:15 pm by mtnsurf »

Hot Tub Forum

Circ pump shutting off on Jacuzzi...
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Circ pump shutting off on Jacuzzi...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:54 am »
Sounds like you need to get a wiring diagram and see if that pump is connected correctly. Not the expert, but it sounds like a shade tree electrician may have wired it off of a leg of the heating element.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

44blues

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. It does work properly sometimes and did seem to work properly when we bought our house. My spa is not covered by a roof. Could rain water or moisture be causing a problem with the board?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:59:49 pm by mtnsurf »

Flyonthewall

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
is it possible that it has a summer timer feature, and this is causing the sporadic run times?  hot springs have had that feature for many years, and it's been the cause of some people thinking they need a repair that they don't need.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »
 Pretty sure that's what it is doing, you can go into the filter cycle program and make sure it's set to 24hr may have gotten out of whack?    But if it's heating fine and it's hot out no use wasting energy.. 

44blues

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »
Thanks for the info guys. That does make sense and is what i thought may be going on too. It's definitely possible that either me or my wife accidentally changed filter cycle setting. I'll check it out

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42