What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator???  (Read 3208 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Ozonator???
« on: June 15, 2004, 08:58:51 pm »
Hi All,

This is my first post and I'm in the process of looking for a spa.  I had some questions about ozonators.   How long should they last?  What typically fails and needs to be replace (and how much does it cost?)?  And what should I expect from a warranty?  I know that Marquis specifically state they offer a 3 year warranty on ozonators and a few others offer 1 year.  There are some warranties that I've read that I can't tell what the warranty is (if at all).  I have a local Artesian dealer that says he'll supliment their warranty to a bumper to bumper including the ozonator for 5 years.   Thoughts?

Ken
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 09:02:50 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator???
« on: June 15, 2004, 08:58:51 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Ozonator???
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 10:16:52 am »
First I think the Artesian dealer is blowing smoke up somewhere, sounds like he is willing to say anything to get a sale. If he is going to do that get it writing, make sure he has been is business for quite some time and find out what are the exclusive. If he has such a warranty through him he should already have something written up for you to look at if not he does not I would not trust him.

As far as ozonator I feel the solid state ones like Marquis offers are the way to go. They require 0 maintenance and will last for years. Ballast fired ones will only last about 9000 hours and CD ones require maintenance to have the chip cleaned or replaced annually.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:28:43 am »
Gary, Sundance told me that their ceramic chip on the cd ozonator needs replacing only 3-5yrs.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:28:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42