What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi UK don't sell ozonators anymore.  (Read 5441 times)

Jacuzzi UK don't sell ozonators anymore.
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »
My Jacuzzi J-230CD is 21 months old and I think my ozonator needs replacing.

I contacted Jacuzzi to get a replacement and they said they don't sell them anymore and haven't done for 18 months....typical. They did offer me a Clear Ray system retro fitted but because mine is not set up for the uv bulb to run for 4 hours per day it would be on 24/7. How many uv bulbs would I get throuh. Also at £500 GBP it is expensive.

So do I dispense with the ozonator all together or try and get one that is compatible with my hot tub. I have gathered all the electrical information from the label of my existing ozonator but notice it has a moulded green plug that plugs straight into the side of the control box. (I use chlorine and non chlorine shock)
Any Uk 240v tubbers on this forum

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi UK don't sell ozonators anymore.
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi UK don't sell ozonators anymore.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »
 Just go online and order one.   220v corona discharge, yours plugs into the side of the box so you need the mini J&J plug.. FWIW most ozonators last longer than 21 months.    Why don't you think it's working?

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:59:42 am »
Thats good to know that I can buy one with a "mini J&J plug". i thought that was perculiar to Jacuzzi but if that is an option the I am glad to hear that.

With regard to my ozonator. When I first had the hot tub is produced small micro bubbles that sometimes were hardly visible. Over the 6 months I have noticed that the bubbles have got bigger and more of them. After contacting Jacuzzi they say that the ozone should be changed after 12 months although I do realise that it is only guarenteed for 12 months but should last longer. I do realise that the air is sucked in by the venturi injector.This is still under warranty, but without looking at it Jacuzzi say that it should produce big bubbles. If that is the case I can only think that the tubing must have been kinked and isn't now. Not sure if I should insist on Jacuzzi checking the injector.

I am also aware that there is an ozone test kit to see if it is producing ozone. May do that first so I can tell Jacuzzi that there is nothing wrong with the ozonator.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:34:08 am »
 The Mazzi injector is not going to change anything, you can replace the 2 check valves if you want and see if that changes anything.  Small bubbles or big to me makes no difference though some may argue that.  I am sure you are good. 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:27:25 pm »
JJ, what about the cleaning of the ozonator? My dealer advised me to clean it periodically with vinegar. Do you advise your customers to do that same?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »
JJ, what about the cleaning of the ozonator? My dealer advised me to clean it periodically with vinegar. Do you advise your customers to do that same?

not going to answer for Jim but yes this is a very common solution to "clogged" ozone check valves...you can either use a little vinegar or dilute some spa down into liquid form and use that

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:05:25 pm »

not going to answer for Jim but yes this is a very common solution to "clogged" ozone check valves...you can either use a little vinegar or dilute some spa down into liquid form and use that

Thanks!   And plus one. 

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:57:24 pm »
Strangely I do not have any check valves. There is a tube that comes out of the injector that I have identified as a BCW 2005 injector. The pipe travels to the top of the hot tub, above the waterline and then down to the ozonator. There is no loop in tge pipe either. I was thinking of changing the tubing with a longer length putting in a loop and a chech valve. I cant say that will make my bubbles any bigger or smaller but everything I have read suggests it should be fitted that way. I presume there should still be a check valve with a BCW 2005 injector?

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:57 am »
Okay, had another look at my ozonator and piping. I do have two check valves in the tubing at the top of the hot tub. I have pulled the piping off the ozonator and it can feel the suction from it. I may put that in a cup of white vinegar to clean out the tubing, check vlaves and injector.

I have found that there is a flow resrictor on the inlet of the ozonator. When I take this off the bubbles get even bigger....put the flow restrictor back on and the bubbles reduce a bit but it still seems too vigorous.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42