What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi's J-355 up and running  (Read 5924 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Jacuzzi's J-355 up and running
« on: June 12, 2004, 07:55:56 pm »
Just hooked up my Jacuzzi J-355 and its working great,My friend says there are too many toys in there to  play with,he has a  18 year old sundance.trying to get the Temp up,its at 79 alreadys maybe another hour or so for it to reach 100.I think I will have to wait till tomorrow to use it or late tonight.Johnny Thunders :D

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi's J-355 up and running
« on: June 12, 2004, 07:55:56 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Jacuzzi's J-355 up and running
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 08:26:35 pm »
Congratulations
In an hour or 2 you will be up to your neck in hot water.
Then it will all be worth it.  Enjoy and keep up the posting.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:45:30 pm by ZzTop »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 08:50:38 pm »
Thanks ZZ.................... :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 10:44:51 pm »
Congrats. Part of the fun of these forum is re-enjoying the thrill of the hunt and the first soak with people. I hope it goges well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:53:33 pm »
Thanks wmccall I am trying to fix a MPS problem,its not showing a thing.The PH AND ALK is fine but on the strips the MPS is showing not a thing....Maybe i should add some shock to it.Johnny Thunders

Roborph

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 11:25:09 pm »
 Naw baby naw,
 Enjoy your first week, if your ph is ok don't worry.  Nothing happens fast in spatopia, just relax and enjoy those great jacuzzi jets. I just got out of my 370 and I feel like rubber! You made a great choice. Let me know if you have any water problems and I'll be glad to tell you what I know ( very little )....

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 04:41:42 pm »
Funny thing the PH is good and the ALK is good but I was having a problem with the MPS staying the same color on the test strip.Spoken to the salesman today and he said put in a little on the Concentrated Granules and the will make the Nature2 to start working so i would get the MPS to change color ,and it did and after a few hours I had the same problem No color on the test strips for MPS so  i added a little more Granules and then I had good MPS.Funny thing the salesman said I had to add that once and only once to get the Nature2 too work.Maybe I heard wrong?Thanks Johnny Thunders ??? ???

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 07:37:39 pm »
MPS goes into and out of the water in minutes. That's the way it's supposed to work.

You're most likely doin' just fine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 08:27:01 pm »
Thanks Chas,how offen do i need to put the Concentrated Granules into the spa?Or should i just do it everyday or whenever I get into the spa and make sure I put some Granules in so the MPS is up before getting in.I guess the only time the Nature2 works is when you  put Granules in the spa?
Then I guess just make sure that during the week is to keep checking the PH and the ALK to see if the levels are good and just check the MPS before going in and that kicks the Nature2 in also.....thanks Chas.Johnny Thunders

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 12:57:24 pm »
Johnny,
Don't be fooled into thinking you can go 100% chlorine free on a N2 system. You should still add a bit of chlorine to keep that water clean. Add the MPS before each use as they suggest but once (or twice) a week add a tablespoon of chlorine at an opportune time (like after you get out and no one else is getting in that night). Chlorine is a great sanitizer and dissipates very quickly so by the next say it'll be mostly gone).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 09:41:11 pm »
Funny thing i called my dealer up and he said just add a spoonful of the Concentrated Granules Stabilized Chiorinator and then the Nature2 will start to work and it shows on the test strips that it is good MPS.It shows the MPS on the test strips only a few mins and when I recheck it it shows no color on the strips.My dealers said the the nature2 takes the place of Chlorine but he said maybe i should add a little shock at times too.My question is whenever you test your spa should you see some color on the test strips so you know how the MPS is??????Or should you see no color on the Test strips  but the PH and the ALK....Thanks all.Johnny Thunders

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 01:27:51 am »
There are two ways to maintain your MPS level with N2. One is to use the test strips to tell you how you're doing. The other method is simply to religiously add 1 TBS of MPS before each use. I am a fan of using the latter method. MPS dissipates quickly and what you need to do is simply add before each use. Now if you're a heavy user or have a very large spa then maybe you should add 1½ to 2 TBS each time. Either way, regardless of what you've been told, IMO you still need to add some dichlor from time to time (I say 1 TBS once per week or ½ TBs twice per week). If not you'll have trouble and then will have to add it when the water is murky and rather than being reactive I think you should be proactive.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 01:30:21 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 08:47:19 pm »
Sounds good too me add one TS of MPS before going into spa.And every now and then add a little Shock when leaving the spa at least once a week if useing it 3 times a week.Thanks for the advise.Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 08:47:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42