What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Jetsetter  (Read 3273 times)

HuMan321

Hot Springs Jetsetter
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »
Hi,
I have a question regarding my 2012 Jetsetter tub. Last week I noticed that when I started the jets to add chemical it shutoff after a few minutes with no action by me. Wondering if I accidently bumped the clean button I did it again and it stopped on it's own and I had verified the clean cycle light was not on. I looked at all lights on the control panel and logo for an indicator of the issue and found nothing. I turned off the power, cleaned the filters and started it back up. Later I noticed the blue logo light was completely off leaving only the green light on. I again cycled the power and the blue light came back on.

This morning after adding chemical I noticed that the blue logo light is off completely again. I do not want to reset power in case I need to call for warranty troubleshooting. I have searched the net looking for clues, but all I can find is for blinking lights.

Edit - although the blue logo light is off I have confirmed power as both breakers are on and the ozone is bubbling up in spa.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I call the dealer.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:36:04 pm by HuMan321 »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Jetsetter
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »

HuMan321

Re: Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »
Well tech came out and just now left. He had never seen the blue light off with power on. He updated firmware from 1.03 to 1.05 and took some readings with an amp probe, let it run through a clean cycle and called it good.

I hope this is the fix, but I know cycling the power also could be what made the light come back on as that is what I did before. We will see and I will update the post for anyone else that may have this issue.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »
With the new software, the power indicator can be off if either of the two breakers are off.

I would check carefully to be sure one of the breakers (most likely the 30A) is not tripping. Sometimes they trip but really don't look like they are tripped. If it happens again, cycle the 30A breaker (only) and see if it lights back up.

Chas

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HuMan321

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:32:57 am »
Thank you for the advice. The power light is still on and holding. I think I will take your advice one step further and if the light goes out again pull the cover off and put my meter on the 220 volt 10 awg wires and test for power.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:32:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42