What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.  (Read 38875 times)

gspar

J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.
« on: May 31, 2013, 03:30:03 am »
I was recently quoted $17,000 for a 2013 J480 that includes taxes and delivery fees and no stereo option.  I think this is high compared to what others have paid on-line and would like to know what should this tub sell for with everything included.  I love this tub, but at that price it should be a J495.  Does anyone know if I can go to another dealer in another geographical area and buy it from them if its cheaper, or dealers never take sales away from other dealers territories?  If I could go to another town, would my local guy still service it when it breaks?

Hot Tub Forum

J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.
« on: May 31, 2013, 03:30:03 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: J480 2013 price on Long Island N.Y.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:52:33 am »
I was recently quoted $17,000 for a 2013 J480 that includes taxes and delivery fees and no stereo option.  I think this is high compared to what others have paid on-line and would like to know what should this tub sell for with everything included.  I love this tub, but at that price it should be a J495.  Does anyone know if I can go to another dealer in another geographical area and buy it from them if its cheaper, or dealers never take sales away from other dealers territories?  If I could go to another town, would my local guy still service it when it breaks?

$17k? Is it gold plated? If you go to another dealer they'd have to be willing to service it in your area but you can try. At least you could see what prices they have so you can get an idea of what is reasonable for your area. I'm not sure where you live but thats really high unless you're in Europe or maybe Hawaii.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »
nope hes right,ive said it a million times long island tub prices are ridiculous!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »
nope hes right,ive said it a million times long island tub prices are ridiculous!

Well in that case I'd see who else is available and if they're further away to the point that I have to pay $100 for a travel fee every time they have to come out for service (warranty or afterward) then I'd be fine with paying it knowing it came from the thousands I saved going elsewhere.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gspar

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 02:40:57 am »
I went to the Hot Tub Factory in Bohemia (Jason and Mike the owners).  Unfortunately this is the only Jacuzzi dealer on Long Island and for parts of Queens.  I called Jacuzzi in California and they told me the MSRP for the J480 2013 without the stereo option is $17,200.  So not only did they start negotiating with a figure of $18,200, they acted like I was getting a good deal when they took money off for their spring sale and eventually threw in some extras like steps and filters.  And after all of that, I still would be paying MSRP + tax and delivery of $300.  This is like going into a car dealership, seeing the MSRP sticker in the window and saying " uumm MSRP is OK but I think I'll give you an extra thousand".   Jacuzzi said there is a dealer in Nutley N.J. I could try and to service it there is an authorized service tech not far from me I could use.  In a normal situation, what else would the dealer do for me anyway?  I told Jacuzzi this guy is insane and they said it is a problem they can't do anything about.  Does anyone know what would be a fair deal for this tub including tax and delivery in the N.Y. metro area?  If MSRP is $17K, what is the mark up on these things?

brillskill

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:14 am »
Those guys are "used car salesman" but trust me I know who they are and they want the sale..you have to get tough and tell them exactly what you are willing to pay,and show them you are serious and willing to buy relatively soon..good luck

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »
  Sounds like those guys have a monopoly going!    Lowest I have gone recently is 11,500 on a J-480 12,500 with stereo.    Also like Jacuzzi told you it's not up to them to dictate price from a dealer.    Personally I would go in if you are that interested, tell them what you are will to pay within reason see what happens.    I doubt they will go below 11 but you never know unless you ask. 

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:50 am »
Jim sell them the tub just add the difference in shipping ,still save them from getting ripped off ,win win for everyone

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 01:26:34 pm »
I'd just tell them your not going to pay full blown MSRP, and talk to a manager, tell him you have 12-13k (based on Jim's range of reasonable price) in your pocket to spend and if they don't want your money you'll find someone who does.  Either they will work with you or tell you to go pound sand..either way you'll know for sure at that point

edit: as a point of reference I believe at the home show last March that model was selling for $12,995 here in MN, (not sure if that included stereo or not) I realize MN isn't Long Island but 4k more is just flat out ridiculous imo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:31:22 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Tubber1111

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »
If you're willing to look at Hot Springs, visit Ocean Spray Hot Tubs in Melville.  They are not the used-car salesman type and very low pressure.  I have yet to buy a tub (new not in my budget right now), but I'd buy from them without hesitation.  The rest of the shops on Rt. 110 were turn offs as was my experience with the Jacuzzi dealer you spoke to.  They quoted my ridiculously high prices and were pressuring me to sign on the spot. 

brillskill

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 10:33:01 pm »
These guys at the hot tub factory are running a tent sale June 7-9th "up to 50% off jacuzzi" maybe you can actually get a decent deal.i just got the email

gspar

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 01:31:17 am »
Thank you for all of your suggestions.  It's nice to have a place where I can get honest answers and not feel like I'm being screwed.  I will ask them about their tent sale and make them an offer.  Like you said, if they tell me "too bad" then I'll try N.J.  With this economy and the amount of money these things cost they should be bending over backwards for me!!  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sam

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 04:01:36 pm »
These guys at the hot tub factory are running a tent sale June 7-9th "up to 50% off jacuzzi" maybe you can actually get a decent deal.i just got the email

50% off!?!?!?  I wish I could get away with margins that allowed me to take that much off and still make money.  Sounds like a shady sales tactic to me.

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »
It's def shady..but I think with there "50% off" a jacuzzi brand tub might be in the right price range

Maryphil

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 10:28:12 am »
We live on Long island and recently purchased a J480 from Nutley pools & spas Just across the GWB in Nultey NJ for $12500 and No tax or delivery charge ( no tax collected since they have no physical business in NY)

Run, don;t walk out of that dealer.  When we were in the market for that tub we went to The Hot tub factory and like always, they never quite a "price for the tub, always telling you that it's a $20,000 tub.  Well when I was finally trying to get a price out of him, maybe at the time they were indicating it was in the $14,000 range I indicated that seemed a bit high then the idiot had the nerve to tell me , "Well, if you can't afford that price, we have cheaper tubs".  This is where I lost it and decided I had to find another place.  We then spoke to another dealer in POrt Jeff that had recently stopped selling Jacuzzi and he had an old J470 on the floor, he was still a bit high, but knowing his only competition on LI was the "Hot Tub Factory, he thought he could get away with it.

We then called Nutley Pools & Spas and Morro was WONDERFUL.  he would have been happy to do the transaction over the phone but we decided to drive there as it was not that far and we were heading to NJ that weekend anyway.  What a great showroom and he gave us the no hassle price right away and we ordered it.  He said he will also service it as he has many clients in the area. 

Delivery went well and we love our spa and could not beat the price.  To this day I am still holding myself back from going to see "The Hot Tub Guys " and telling them what scam artists they are.

Please I beg you go see Morro and you will be quite pleased.  Everything the "Hot Tub Guys " say is basically full of s%$t.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 10:28:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42