What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Pulse Question  (Read 5958 times)

derekb

Limelight Pulse Question
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »
Hello, i'm new to this forum  8)

I am about to get a Limelight Pulse and wanted to get opinions:

1. is this a good hot tub? would want to comfortably seat 5/6
2. The price I was quoted is $9,500(without tax) for the tub, cover, cover lifter, stairs, delivery, and 2 of the $200 water treament bottles(orange bottle). Does not include electrical. IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?? I live around Detroit, Michigan
3. Are there alternative models that one would suggest for $10k and under? Gotta have a music system, colored lights.

thank you!!

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight Pulse Question
« on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

bimmerdog

Re: Limelight Pulse Question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:39:28 pm »
It is a nice tub.  One that my wife and i looked at.  We went with a different tub because my wife liked it better.  Have you wet tested it?   It's a very well built tub from a good company.  Pricing will very from which part of the country you are in.  It was cheaper here in Utah then what you were quoted.  But not by much.  Did you go to the Hot Springs web site and read reviews for actual customers that own that tub?  Oh and welcome to the site.

derekb

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:45:12 pm »
thank you so much for the reply!

haven't wet tested any of them yet, though we definitely will before we pull the trigger. I wonder if it is possible/cheaper to order from another state and get it shipped to michigan... Also, I'm interested in the 2013 Grandee with the stone siding... is that possible for 10K?

dagboi

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
I've had my Pulse for about 8 months.  We really enjoy it and have had no problems to date.
As far as price goes, taking off the $400 for the two bottles of Silk Balance, you're paying $9,100.  If that includes a stereo, it's a very good price.
If not, you could probably do a little better.
Just my opinion of course.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:21:49 pm »
I got a 2012 Hot Springs Envoy for less than that with tax included, so I think that price is too high. I know location is a huge factor in price, but I am only a couple hundred miles from you so am questioning what you were quoted. I also think you can do better. I have no idea what the $200 water treatment bottles are though? Got me stumped on that one. Good luck getting it serviced if you have it shipped from a different location. I would not advise doing that but I'm sure the pro's can chime in here.

I almost went with the Limelight Flair but liked the jet variety better in the Envoy. The Grandee was over $10k when I was looking so I would rule that one out especially if you want the stone siding and sound. I think you will love the Pulse but as everyone says, the test soak is a must. Good luck!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:23:51 pm »
I've had my Pulse for about 8 months.  We really enjoy it and have had no problems to date.
As far as price goes, taking off the $400 for the two bottles of Silk Balance, you're paying $9,100.  If that includes a stereo, it's a very good price.
If not, you could probably do a little better.
Just my opinion of course.

Every spa comes with a cover included by definition and typically delivery is included in the price as well. The dealer is giving you a total price for those standard items plus some others that are part of the package deal that would cost you more typically if you bought them separately later.

If we want to do all the math to figure out the price of the spa itself we should subtract out the $400 for the water care stuff and also another $250 to $350 for the steps & lifter (hard to say exactly, it depends on what kind it includes). Also, the dealer will be including a subpanel in that package with the Pulse since it is standard with all Hot Spring spas so you won't need to spend another $200 or so on that after the fact as you would with other brands.

In the end the spa itself is really about $8600 before taxes which is a good price. Having said that, you certainly can negotiate further and see if there is room to improve it even more.

Wannatub

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:25 am »
I was about to but a Pulse a month or so ago here in NH for around $8,800 (no sound -- no silk balance) so I think your price is probably pretty good if it includes the sound system. 

To each his own, but I thought I could buy some pretty good wireless speakers for less than the cost of the factory sound system... and now we can move them around the patio when we're not in the tub -- maybe not a solution for everyone, but it's working for us.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:32 pm »
I got a 2012 Hot Springs Envoy for less than that with tax included, so I think that price is too high. I know location is a huge factor in price, but I am only a couple hundred miles from you so am questioning what you were quoted. I also think you can do better. I have no idea what the $200 water treatment bottles are though? Got me stumped on that one. Good luck getting it serviced if you have it shipped from a different location. I would not advise doing that but I'm sure the pro's can chime in here.

I almost went with the Limelight Flair but liked the jet variety better in the Envoy. The Grandee was over $10k when I was looking so I would rule that one out especially if you want the stone siding and sound. I think you will love the Pulse but as everyone says, the test soak is a must. Good luck!

you bought a new Envoy for ~$8,500? is this dealer a friend or family member? if not, congrats you found the most foolish dealer in the entire United States

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:30:50 pm »

you bought a new Envoy for ~$8,500? is this dealer a friend or family member? if not, congrats you found the most foolish dealer in the entire United States

He must have meant for less than the $9500 price that this thread forst talked about.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »
she did say she bought a 2012 envoy.  she joined the forum in feb. so its only a little stretch to conclude she bought a 2012 floor model.  if it was a wet tester dealers can be very flexible on price, especially if they were intending a different spa for that power source (a muse perhaps).  wow, pretty thin scenario i know.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42