What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spa Pricing  (Read 25802 times)

Jay_Suede

Marquis Spa Pricing
« on: June 06, 2004, 11:01:06 pm »
Anyone out there have some competitive pricing on the following Marquis Spas:

1. Silver Anniversary Reward?
2. The Reward?
3. Silver Anniversary Euphoria?
4. The Euphoria?

Please include the pricing and any extras they may include.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Spa Pricing
« on: June 06, 2004, 11:01:06 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Spa Pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:45:48 pm »
I always find this sort of post interesting.
This source (www) offers people from all over the world the ability to compare spas. How can one determine if someone is better priced? There might be a dealer 3000 miles away that is 1000.00 less or a 1000.00 more. It doesn't make it a different value, it's just priced in that specific area accordingly. Dealer costs play a huge role. There's way too many factors in this general question to come to a reasonable conclusion of value.

Sorry. Way too vague.

If you're looking to determine wether or not a price you were quoted is reasonable, I would include the area you live to give a better indication of value.

Steve

Jay_Suede

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 09:40:26 pm »
I am located in Atlanta, GA and the dealer is quoting the following:

-  Silver Anniversary Reward...$7100.00
-  The Reward...$6500.00
-  Silver Anniversary Euphoria...$8000.00
-  The Euphoria...$7500.00

Do these prices seem competitive?  Appreciate all feedback.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 10:17:11 pm »
Those prices seem to be very fair....and certainly among the average price paid....I think you would enjoy  the anniversary models best....

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 09:54:35 am »
I agree with Steve, it is not fair to compare prices from dealer to dealer or locations. To many factors. Sometimes the lower price is not always a better deal. I have seen dealers go out of business because their prices were too low.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 02:53:06 pm »
Steve and Gary...

That is so true.....not all 3 bedroom 2 bath 2000 sq ft homes cost the same as prices varies state to state and even block to block in the same city....as location plays an important role in what the cost of doing business is, dealers prices will vary....after looking here and on other boards for the most part the average cost seems to be within $500.00 in most cases.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 04:46:21 am by Mendocino101 »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:16:15 am »
Steve and Gary...

That is so true.....not all 3 bedroom 2 bath 2000 sq ft homes cost the same as prices varies state to state and even block to block in the same city....as location plays an important role in what the cost of doing business is, dealers prices will vary....after looking here and on other boards for the most part the average cost seems to be within $500.00 in most cases.

That is the best analogy yet for variances in hot tub pricing across the country (heck, even the world)!  Housing is much better than cars!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 07:45:35 am »
Steve and Gary,  Do you fellows give your fellow person any amount of ability for common sense?

I think the average person - who is doing research on the internet, combined with how many people answer questions such as this would easily allow the originator to figure a fair price.

Let's face it this industry is plagued with jerks (Jim) and secrecy - no one but dealers knowing true cost.  That does not bode well for honest deals - period.

I am in No. VA - the DC burbs, my tub was bought on Father's day - cash deal, it is a Euphoria, it was $7635, including tax, delivery, setup, steps coverlift, lift install, and 2 extra filters.

Hope that helps you.  -- Tax was about $400

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 10:03:42 am »

Steve and Gary,  Do you fellows give your fellow person any amount of ability for common sense?
I certainly do Jaw. But the concern is that someone is going to quote $1000.00 less on the other side of the country and the poster is thinking he's getting ripped off.

I think the average person - who is doing research on the internet, combined with how many people answer questions such as this would easily allow the originator to figure a fair price.
An assumption but not very accurate IMO. I’ve been on these a long time and have seen many post these sorts of questions. Most assume pricing is set regardless of location.

Let's face it this industry is plagued with jerks (Jim) and secrecy - no one but dealers knowing true cost.  That does not bode well for honest deals - period.
Want to know costs? Open up your own dealership.

I am in No. VA - the DC burbs, my tub was bought on Father's day - cash deal, it is a Euphoria, it was $7635, including tax, delivery, setup, steps coverlift, lift install, and 2 extra filters.
Why post your location? Does it matter?  ;)

Steve

jaw

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 11:39:29 am »
Great reply steve.

All kidding aside, take off the dealer hat for a minute.

1.  If cost is such a secret why the debate, why not price things like a sears or other retailer, why play BS games like car dealers?  Used dealers at that?

2.  People who use the internet for RESEARCH - not trolling are frequently more intelligent than those who do not.

3.  One of the first things I LEARNED when doing my INTERNET RESEARCH was that price is different based on location - thus I supply that data when people ask - and even try to show things such as my location and tax items.  I live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the nation so why is my price so similar to those of others all over the place - See Item #1.  

People who ask prices understand more than you and many others give them credit for.  Unless and until the game is played on a fair and even field this question will keep being asked and hopefully people will benefit from it.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 03:34:52 pm »
Great thread...
(I hear what you're saying jaw)

Housing may very well be a better analogy than the auto industry for pricing, but let's keep a few things in mind regarding location. Location of housing is determined by location of the home - view, slope, swamp, corner, freeway etc... (even block to block) not to mention age, construction, condition... I do consider the cost of living/to do business  of location a good analogy. Now as for an analogy for buying - my experience shows that spa dealers are identical to used car dealers, "how much can i get from this sucka" (and again, bless those of you who aren't, may I enter your store soon)

I live in Oregon, the state where Marquis is manufactured.

A store in North OR, ~60 miles from manufacturer, quoted:
Euphoria SA sales price $9295 ("regular" 10,500)
Reward SA sales price $8395 ("regular" 9,800)

A store in South OR, ~250 miles from manufacturer, quoted:
Euphoria SA  $7800 ("sales" price started at 8400)
Reward SA  $7200 ("sales" price started at 7700)
(note: prices are not a typo.)

Not sure exactly where OR ranks in the cost of living ladder but I imagine it's not near the top.

I think I'll go to Atlanta or No. VA to buy...  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 01:06:25 pm by empolgation »
e

jaw

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 07:51:23 am »
Over to you Steve.

And, for what it's worth, I had similar problems with the other spas I was considering.

One reason I went with Marquis, NO BS FROM THE DEALER, I told them I wanted a cash price, we worked it out very quickly and very well.

Steve, can you explain again why it's cheaper for me to get a spa on the east coast from a west coast maker, while living in one of the highest cost of living areas in the Nation?

Let me give you a hint, greed, unbalanced negotiation arena, and assumptions that buyers are idiots.

Need more?

Rboehme

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 10:21:27 pm »
Over to you Steve.
Steve, can you explain again why it's cheaper for me to get a spa on the east coast from a west coast maker, while living in one of the highest cost of living areas in the Nation?

Let me give you a hint, greed, unbalanced negotiation arena, and assumptions that buyers are idiots.

Need more?

I am not Steve. But I can answer your question.

They could sell more spas than other stores, promting extra manufacturer discounts.

The store you purchased from probably has lower overhead than some other stores. There are several ways to lower overhead.

Some are: cheaper rent or mortgage, subcontracting labor, no employee benifits, less items in stock, lower paid employees, not paying taxes.

Of course most people would rather pay a little extra if they knew it would provide them with better service and a more stable dealer to go to for help.

What you need to realize is the net cost of each spa is going to be less than the ACTUAL cost of each sold spa by a dealer. There are MANY factores that will have a role in calculating each spas actual cost to the dealer.

In my city there is one dealer that sells spas for approx $1200 above net cost. This company(a) pockets about $1000 per spa.

There is another company that sells its spas for about $2000 above net cost.  This company(b) also pockets about $1000 per spa.

To make sense of this comparison you must know the variables involved.  

Company(a) subcontracts its deliveries for $100 per spa.

Company(b) Has well trained full time employees deliver all of its spas.

Company(a) Has untrained staff in the store that they pay a small hourly wage.

Company(b) Has highly trained staff  that can answer all of your questions and have been with the company for a long time. They are paid well and have benifits.

Company(a) Has a sales staff that is commision only.

Company(b) Every one in the company is trained well enough to fully inform you of the products it carries. Everyone is paid a nice wage and has an opportunity to earn a commision if they sell a spa.

I have done work for both of these companies and can assure you that company(b) has alot more satisfied customers than company(a). Even though company(a) sells its spas for less.

Who would you rather buy from?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 02:34:20 am »
HI...

I am surprised by how bold and how some people equate knowing what the dealer pays for a spa as being the way to know if you are getting a good price or not....really about the only industry I know of..where you can find dealer invoice is autos....and that is a whole other thing anyway.... raise your hand if you truly believe that when you are paying 500.00 over invoice thats all the money a auto dealer is making...take it from someone who has been in the auto industry for the past 13 years..there are other ways they make money but those ways do not apply to spa sales in any way shape or form...why do so many people think they should have the right to know a dealers invoice...If anyone could please tell me why I would truly appreciate it....just so you know outside of a home and than a car.....flooring covering for your house is the next most expensive item for the average consumer....also why is it so hard to figure out that many dealers around the country sell spas seasonly.....meaning the majority of their spas are sold  during certain times of the year....yet to provide service to the customer they are open year round....The INTERNET is a great tool for gathering inforamtion...but just because you can do a search for something does not give anyone the absolute right to know what every dealer pays for everything they sell....I believe in the free market economy that if a dealer is truly out line with his prices than he will ultimately fail. and that by the way swings both ways to being to high but also to low...again just look at the boards most prices seem to be around 500.00 within each other .....now an asking price is just that....but what people are paying when they are buying is what really matters....this is such a simple analogy but why do golf courses adjust prices for the time of year the time of day the day of the week...lol. ::)..that might not much sense to some but to some it will.....sorry to ramble but I just get confused by this subject....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 07:46:56 am »
You raise some excellent points, mendocino.  
I think you have a way better grasp of this issue than the ones who demand to know the prices the dealers pay for their inventory.  
Brewman

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 07:46:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42