What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Jacuzzi  370 with problems  (Read 5321 times)

gracie

New Jacuzzi  370 with problems
« on: June 09, 2004, 11:21:18 pm »
I just got my new Jacuzzi friday and have been on the the phone every day since then with the store.  Just before they delivered they called to say they found water in the pan and had to check it out.  The called back to say a fitting to the heater was leaking and they fixed it.  Each day the spa keeps tripping the breaker.  I told the electrician I wanted 240 with 60A.  I looked in the box and found he put 60A so I called him today.  He said he could not fint the 60A and thought the 50 A would be ok. I told him the spa keeps tripping so he said he would order a 60A and put it in for no additonal charge.  I started to get in it tonight and it would not stay on.  As soon as it trip the switch it goes off again so I get to call them again tomorrow.  Has anyone had this problem.  I thought I saw samething before I bought mine about someone with a 370 over heating and tripping the switch. I think I have problems with the spa and the electrical.  

I need all the answers I can get.  

Hot Tub Forum

New Jacuzzi  370 with problems
« on: June 09, 2004, 11:21:18 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: New Jacuzzi  370 with problems
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 08:24:53 am »
Keep working with your dealer and or your electrician to get this resolved.  
None of this should cost you any money.  
The spa is under warranty, and the electrician should correct anything that may be wrong with the wiring.
Be sure you have a 60 amp breaker installed if you jumper is set for 60.  Or if you keep the 50 amp breaker, have the dealer set the spa back to operate on 50 amps.
Hopefully it won't come to this, but if you get to a point where the electrician points to the spa dealer, and vice versa, have them both out to you spa at the same time, and let them work the problem together.
Brewman
Brewman

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:00:39 pm »
It's hard to understand why the heater "fitting" is leaking, it's nothing more than a hose clamp. Tighten it down with a nut driver, should take about 3 seconds. Once that 60A breaker is installed let us know what happens. I doubt this ids the issue, but you should get what you ordered.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Roborph

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 12:49:32 am »
I bought my 370 in November. It has a 50a breaker and I've had no problems..I run all my jets and the heater with no problems..

superted

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 05:18:28 pm »
Have the electrician check his wiring. Alot of electricians want to install a neutral wire, when it is not required and this will cause nuisance triping. If the spa jumper is set for 60 amp and a 50 amp breaker is installed it will trip when overcurrent occures (most gfci's trip at .3-.5 miliamps) When pump #1and #2 are on and heating is required you will excede the ampacity of the wire causing triping. If the spa is the problem, componets can be isolated and eliminated from the problem in a matter of minutes. If a pump is triping the gfci it will do it in most cases as soon as it turns on, same as the heater. Does the spa have ozone? Ozonators can sometimes cause static that can trip gfci's, much like gfci's in a bathroom when you turn on a hair dryer. Hope this helps.

gracie

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 12:57:57 pm »
Thanks for all the answers.  My dealer sent out a repair man and it turns out it is not the electrical work.  The heater sinsor went out and I understand they had a re-call on them.  Works fine now.   However, I am still getting the 60amp. installed.

I still have things I don't understand about all of the readings on the Display and can not find the answers in the manual.   I have the temp set for 95 for summer because it is in the sun and  the temp outside gets up to almost 100 which heats the pool.   The display shows 97 temp if I push display again it shows 107, push again 101, push again 77 then back to 97.  Push again and I get the time of day.  I do not know what the other readings are. I thought the display only showed the temp of the water and the time of day. Anyone with a 370 know what this means?

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 04:27:14 pm »
dammmmmm I have the jacuzzi J-355 and I cannot find out how to adjust the clock on the damm thing lol.Johnny Thunders

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:08 pm »
Did your dealer include an in-home orientation? Often they'll send someone out after the sale to teach you these things as a good customer service throw in. Too bad you didn't work it into the deal though maybe they'll still do so. Why have you try to figure out things that seem foreign that they know like the back of their hand. I'd ask.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42