What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: source for replacement pump for Jacuzzi wanted...  (Read 7503 times)

44blues

source for replacement pump for Jacuzzi wanted...
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:55 pm »
What's my best option & source for a replacement pump? Any particular brands better? I'm not looking for cheapest option available and want a good quality pump that will last and work as well as original pump it's replacing. Spa is about 7 yrs old

Thanks for your replies
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:06:40 am by mtnsurf20 »

Hot Tub Forum

source for replacement pump for Jacuzzi wanted...
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:55 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: source for replacement pump for Jacuzzi wanted...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:59:22 am »
 Well there are several different pumps/motor&pumps we could suggest what exactly you looking for?   HP? voltage? 1spd/2spd? what size union fitting 1.5" or 2",3"  Brand of spa really doesn't matter and If you are still hanging around a bit more info would be great!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:13 am »
I thought Jacuzzi was proprietary on their pumps.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:32:04 am »
I thought Jacuzzi was proprietary on their pumps.

No not at all, though some dealers probably say it..     Sundance uses the same also.  As long as it's a 2" fitting and the HP/voltage is right you can slap anything in there.

To the original poster, there are several brands of motors/wet ends out there all are pretty good.  Emerson, Balboa, GE just pick one that matches what you have now. You could start looking at spa depot to get an idea of price.   

44blues

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:35:41 am »
Thanks for your replies. I'll have to take a closer look at the pump. I'm still using the spa with half the jets. The bad pump was tripping the breaker but now just makes a humming noise and no longer trips the breaker and doesn't try to move any water, so I don't run those jets. We inherited the spa from previous home owner, who left the original owners manual, but it doesn't give the specs on the pumps. The manual only gives specs on the circ pump, but that pump still works fine.

The last time I drained & refilled the spa the bad pump started making a clicking noise after I refilled it, and wouldn't actually work for at least a min, but then finally started to move some water & worked fine for a few months after. We had no prior problems with the spa operation.

It's the pump that runs the jets on the right side of the spa as you're looking down at the control panel, if you were standing in front of the spa. The lounger jets and jets in the other corner on same side.

It's a 460 series spa, sold to the original owners in Aug of 2006. I'll take the service panel off & see if I can find any info that may be labeled on the pump ASAP

Thanks again for any help
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:11:42 am by mtnsurf »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »
Thanks for your replies. I'll have to take a closer look at the pump. I'm still using the spa with half the jets. The bad pump was tripping the breaker but now just makes a humming noise and no longer trips the breaker and doesn't try to move any water, so I don't run those jets. We inherited the spa from previous home owner, who left the original owners manual, but it doesn't give the specs on the pumps. The manual only gives specs on the circ pump, but that pump still works fine.

The last time I drained & refilled the spa the bad pump started making a clicking noise after I refilled it, and wouldn't actually work for at least a min, but then finally started to move some water & worked fine for a few months after. We had no prior problems with the spa operation.

It's the pump that runs the jets on the right side of the spa as you're looking down at the control panel, if you were standing in front of the spa. The lounger jets and jets in the other corner on same side.

It's a 460 series spa, sold to the original owners in Aug of 2006. I'll take the service panel off & see if I can find any info that may be labeled on the pump ASAP

Thanks again for any help

No problem!  These prices seem a bit high but also offer's free shipping which for a motor/pump can be spendy because of the weight. 
 http://jacuzzicare.com/index.php/jacuzzi/jacuzzi-pumps.html
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:09:48 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

44blues

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:22 pm »
   No problem!  These prices seem a bit high but also offer's free shipping which for a motor/pump can be spendy because of the weight. 
 http://jacuzzicare.com/index.php/jacuzzi/jacuzzi-pumps.html
[/quote]

Thanks for the link Jim. That looks very helpful. They have a phone number I can call with model and year of my spa, so hopefully they can help me narrow it down. I'll take a look at mine before i call.

Thanks again

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »
 I can get you the part number on Monday for which pump you need if you like? 

44blues

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 02:06:19 pm »

That would be great. I appreciate your help. If you need any more specific info let me know
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:16:15 pm by mtnsurf »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

That would be great. I appreciate your help. If you need any more specific info let me know

Here is the part numbers  56 frame 220v single speed pumps, pmp 1 is 6500-352 pmp 2 is 6500-365.     These should be mounted in the quick clamp realease type thing for easy swap out.      Since both are single speed prolly doesn't matter which you order up to you..   They will not come with cords so you will have to move it over to the new pump, same with the air bleed nipple that might be attached to the wet end, can't remember if they had that in 06? 

44blues

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:19 am »
Here is the part numbers  56 frame 220v single speed pumps, pmp 1 is 6500-352 pmp 2 is 6500-365.     These should be mounted in the quick clamp realease type thing for easy swap out.      Since both are single speed prolly doesn't matter which you order up to you..   They will not come with cords so you will have to move it over to the new pump, same with the air bleed nipple that might be attached to the wet end, can't remember if they had that in 06?
[/quote]

Thanks for the info and your time Jim.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42