What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone hear of Tobago from Hot Springs?  (Read 3910 times)

rounseville

Anyone hear of Tobago from Hot Springs?
« on: June 13, 2004, 11:15:24 am »
I'm somewhat new to this forum and have gained some very useful information from some of you.  I'm simply looking for a functional hot tub that's reliable for around $3000.  I will be looking (and wet testing) a Tobago from Hot Springs Spa.  Being on the west coast of Oregon somewhat limits me to what's available.  This company has been in business here in Coos Bay Oregon for some time and I realize that service is one of the most important aspects of this ordeal.  My spouse and myself will be the primary users of the tub and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.  I appreciate all the information this forum provides, and want to thank you in advance.  Jody

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone hear of Tobago from Hot Springs?
« on: June 13, 2004, 11:15:24 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Anyone hear of Tobago from Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:19:09 pm »
Well, if nobody else will answer, I will...

The Trinidad and Tobago are "Hot Spot spas," sold at HotSpring dealers.

The shells are acrylic backed with fiberglass, made by Caldera.

The equipment is a custom system by Gecko - a recognized name in the spa industry.

The tubs use a single pump with a dual-speed motor to accomplish all water movement: heating/filtering and jet action.

They have full foam insulation, except for the motor area which is lightly insulated.

They have a top-load filter, and they are about as simple and dependable as any tub I have sold. No special parts or pieces, just a good solid tub that will get hot, stay hot, and keep on doing that for years and years.

They come in any color you want, as long as it's sand or blue, and they have wood siding.

I'm glad to hear you are wet testing  - any recliner seat can be good or bad for you.

As you turn off the jets - individually - it adds more power to the remaining jets. This is unlike any other HotSpring product, so be sure you check this out during your wet test. Also, there are spinner jets available, but I have found that most dealers don't know about them. If you have to, you can walk into any Caldera dealer and buy them, and they are a breeze to pop into place on your tub.

One last thing - I have put a picture of the "Trinidad" below. It has a few more jets, and is a few inches taller than the Tobago. You may want to ask about it.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 04:09:48 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Anyone hear of Tobago from Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:19:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42