What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine and Chlorine at the same time??  (Read 5893 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Bromine and Chlorine at the same time??
« on: June 06, 2004, 04:57:33 pm »
I need some advice. I just set up my above ground pool and it came with a big jug of chlorine tablets. I use bromine in my spa. I know it's not good to use bromine and chlorine at the same time and The kids are already jumping from the pool to the spa. Will the chlorine residual on their suits mess with my water chemistry in the spa. Most of the users are teenage boys and the big baggy swimsuit look is in so each suit has a lot of fabric. Any advice would be appreciated.
                             Spahappy      ???

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine and Chlorine at the same time??
« on: June 06, 2004, 04:57:33 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Bromine and Chlorine at the same time??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 05:08:52 pm »
Be happy that Speedo style swimsuits are not all the rage!   ;)
Brewman
Brewman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 07:19:23 pm »
"Will the chlorine residual on their suits mess with my water chemistry in the spa."

NO........ but the bromine in their suits will eventually mess with the water chemistry in the pool.

see here;
http://www.rhtubs.com/BROMINE.htm
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 08:00:08 pm »
Not an issue at all. Many have pools on chlorine and spas on bromine. There isn't enough chemical on the suits to change anything dramatically. Especially in the pool being a much larger volume.

Steve

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:14:50 am »
Thanks everone for the advise! Thats whats nice about this forum.
We had severe storms here last night big jagged hail in area's, the pool didn't make it! WHOOSH! Spa cover took quite a beating too. Three of my maintnence free sides look O.K. The garden looks like a tossed salad. All the windows on the west side are broke. What a night! I'd hit my spa for a long soak but too much glass everywhere. We 've been told not to do too much clean up as the insurance company has a special team of adjusters on the way here.
There are a few nicks in the west panel of my spa. My husband thinks this will be an issue over time.
Does anyone have any experience with how small gashes will affect the maintnence free sides over time. Any input, greatly appreciated!
                            Spa(not so)happy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 10:20:19 am by spahappy »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 12:39:22 pm »
It shouldn't be too big an issue, but I'd include it in the storm damage and let your home owners insurance take care of it. Heck, the doggone thing is brand new. It should atleast look like it for a while!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 12:39:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42