What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Geo spa  (Read 60378 times)

bimmerdog

Re: Geo spa
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »
Once again some people just can't look past their nose.  In this thread by Brillskill he was not asking for opinions on what he was THINKING of buying but made a thread on what he bought.  All that was needed to be said by any one was congratulation and hope it works out well for you.

There are many other threads asking questions and opinions on what he was looking at and he got MANY responses by all the experts.  Brillskill made his decision and bought what he thought would be fine for him.  It really is that simple.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »
Once again some people just can't look past their nose.  In this thread by Brillskill he was not asking for opinions on what he was THINKING of buying but made a thread on what he bought.  All that was needed to be said by any one was congratulation and hope it works out well for you.

There are many other threads asking questions and opinions on what he was looking at and he got MANY responses by all the experts.  Brillskill made his decision and bought what he thought would be fine for him.  It really is that simple.

It is simple but you still don't get it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 05:01:37 pm »
Are you serious.  I guess you would say the same about me buying a BMW 335i instead of a Ferrari 458 Italia.  I am positive in saying that brillskill won't be running down the road yelling don't buy a hot tub they all SUCK.  He knows the decision he made might have mixed results or could be PERFECT for him.

No I wouldn't say that at all. I think if you re-read my post you will see that rather than compare two high end hot tubs I was comparing a very much value hot tub to a high end hydrotherapy machine (which by the way I never mention any brand) Now if you were to say I was comparing the Beamer to say a Kia then yes I am serious. A Kia drives like shit compared to the Beamer.
Retired

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:02 pm »
I fail to see that anyone was out of line in anything that has been said. It was a discussion where people were giving their opinions on the brand at hand and I'm sure everyone wishes the best for every spa purchase discussed here no matter the brand.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:34 pm »

your a real piece of work...and just so I'm understanding this correctly, Brill made this EXACT post on page 1 of this EXACT thread "cal spas..no good?" and my answer to that is supposed to be (according to you)...Congrats on your new spa? makes tons of sense doesn't it?  ???

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »
My suggestion to anyone that feels threads around here are not going in the "proper" direction, is to start their own website with their own message board, over which they can control the content of the people posting.

aka, if'n ya don't like what's goin on here, LEAVE
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brillskill

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 08:33:50 pm »
After all this the more I research the better I feel about this..especially the price I paid..again I will give my completely honest run down on this thing as soon as I jump in it..I hope to be helping those who just want a decent soaker for relatively little money..tbd..

brillskill

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:51 am »
in refernce to the pump..couldnt i technically reolace the pump with a larger (more hp) if i wanted to?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 01:37:44 pm »
 If it's a 110v/220v spa your stuck with a 110v motor the highest you can go I think is a 2hp pump?  Might make a little difference in the feel of pressure. 

brillskill

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 01:46:12 pm »
yes i meant on 220..calspa sells this model..under a diff name with a 5.5 hp pump..

brillskill

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »
btw the the pump is 2 hp..not 1.5

brillskill

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51:17 pm »
here is pretty much the same model under a different name which is sold through dealers..pretty much identical....http://calspas.com/aqua-select-spas/aqua-select-as730b/

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 02:14:54 pm »
 Didn't the spa you buy was either 110/220v?    Even if you hook up 220v to the spa the motor still stays 110v so you can't put a 220v motor in a 110/220v spa.    Can't remember if you can change the jumpers on it to accept a 220v motor pretty sure you can't??

brillskill

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »
im confused isnt the motor the pump?..so couldnt i just change the pump from 110 2 hp to 220 5.5 hp if i hard wire to 220?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »
 No, the only thing that changes when converting a 110 spa to 220 is the heater via a jumper.   Everything else still remains 110v like the motor/pump what ever you want to call it..   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42