What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Geo spa  (Read 60376 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Geo spa
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
cal spas..no good?

pissedoffconsumer dot com....type in Calspas and read the horror stories

edit: and yes 1hp for 30 jets will be severely underpowered

Many of those pissed customers if you read through them tend to stem back to the dealer.  Yes many of the spa's have issues but if the dealer doesn't fix the problem, you have a pissed customer that blames the spa. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »
cal spas..no good?

Many of those pissed customers if you read through them tend to stem back to the dealer.  Yes many of the spa's have issues but if the dealer doesn't fix the problem, you have a pissed customer that blames the spa.

many do, many don't...either way I'd still pick a dozen other brands over them

brillskill

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »
thx for maKING me feel good about my purchase....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 12:44:10 pm »
cal spas..no good?

I found it interesting that they were selling Cal out of Costco a few years ago. While I'm not a big fan of Cal due to their quality and how they care for their dealers and customers you knew Costco would at least be a buffer for the customer when issues came up with the spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »
cal spas..no good?

many do, many don't...either way I'd still pick a dozen other brands over them

I would as well..

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 01:51:36 pm »

So after looking at the manual, it is basically a family or genesis spa from cal.   Overall not a bad spa, most of the simpler ones run better than the more expensive ones from them.   Just take care of it, keep the filter clean.  You may have jet issues down the road they are not really "exclusive" in the industry and they are not really stainless steel.  The cover over the plastic jet might be..    Anyway good luck to you! 

brillskill

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:12 pm »
thx Jim,i realize "u get what u pay for" but i think for 3200 bucks (plus the 330 dollar wayfair credit) the tub should meet my expectations,its being delivered on march 28th ill post the results soon after

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 04:21:20 pm »

So after looking at the manual, it is basically a family or genesis spa from cal.   Overall not a bad spa, most of the simpler ones run better than the more expensive ones from them.   Just take care of it, keep the filter clean.  You may have jet issues down the road they are not really "exclusive" in the industry and they are not really stainless steel.  The cover over the plastic jet might be..    Anyway good luck to you!

You make a good point, while I would not recommend spas from the likes of makers such as Cal or Master if you do go that route you certainly want to stick with the most basic type spa which will be less apt to have issues.

brillskill

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 04:24:00 pm »
Btw Jim it's actually a step up from genesis,better pump acrylic a few better options

bimmerdog

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »
This is unbelievable.  A guy buys a tub and even says he will be the guinea pig and let every one know how it works out and the standard few can do nothing but say how bad it is.  Or give him a site to go to to see how pissed off people are.  I will guarantee every one that if brillskill finds the tub sucks he will be on here letting every one know.  I REALLY hope the tub does every thing that brillskill wants and needs and he can just enjoy the tub and the thousands of dollars he saved. 

brillskill

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »
Again thx DoG!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 06:55:50 am »
I REALLY hope the tub does every thing that brillskill wants and needs and he can just enjoy the tub and the thousands of dollars he saved.

I really hope that brillskill doesn't get turned off to hot tubs because his experience is only well, no big woop and if all tubs feel like this one, once it wears out, I don't want another one because they aren't that big a deal. And I hope he doesn't tell his friends they all feel like this so really no big deal. When really all tubs feel different and many company's spend a lot of money making sure you get a hydrotherapy massage instead of swirling hot water.

Saving thousands of dollars will get you swirling hot water. But likely not a hydrotherapy massage.
Retired

bimmerdog

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:45 am »
I REALLY hope the tub does every thing that brillskill wants and needs and he can just enjoy the tub and the thousands of dollars he saved.

I really hope that brillskill doesn't get turned off to hot tubs because his experience is only well, no big woop and if all tubs feel like this one, once it wears out, I don't want another one because they aren't that big a deal. And I hope he doesn't tell his friends they all feel like this so really no big deal. When really all tubs feel different and many company's spend a lot of money making sure you get a hydrotherapy massage instead of swirling hot water.

Saving thousands of dollars will get you swirling hot water. But likely not a hydrotherapy massage.

Are you serious.  I guess you would say the same about me buying a BMW 335i instead of a Ferrari 458 Italia.  I am positive in saying that brillskill won't be running down the road yelling don't buy a hot tub they all SUCK.  He knows the decision he made might have mixed results or could be PERFECT for him. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:16 am »
This is unbelievable.  A guy buys a tub and even says he will be the guinea pig and let every one know how it works out and the standard few can do nothing but say how bad it is.  Or give him a site to go to to see how pissed off people are.  I will guarantee every one that if brillskill finds the tub sucks he will be on here letting every one know.  I REALLY hope the tub does every thing that brillskill wants and needs and he can just enjoy the tub and the thousands of dollars he saved.

he asked, sorry If I didn't sugar coat it enough for you....you want honest opinions on here or do you want all "fluff and puff" like you get on "paid for" advertising websites? can't have it both ways sorry

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:06 am »

Don't misunderstand, we all hope that the spa does well and no one is saying it won't. At the same time people come here in part for opinions and we gave ours. Were we supposed to lie about what we think of Cal and say "Yeah, I think Cal is a great choice"? If so then the next guy comes around and sees a less than honest opinion given and maybe thinks "Well all the professionals like Cal it must be great". I'm sure there are a lot of happy Cal owners out there and hopefully this will make one more.

Like I've said before, if for example we say the best spas have maybe a 95% satisfaction rating then maybe we say Cal has a 75% rating (I'm making these numbers up to make a point). While that is a huge difference overall it would still mean 3 out of 4 Cal people were satisfied. We're looking at the whole when we say we think there are better choices out there than Cal but certainly this one spa could make him/her very happy and as was said earlier by JJ, its a simpler model and the more simple they are the less likely you are to run into issues.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42