What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance's Luxury Living Sale  (Read 9048 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Sundance's Luxury Living Sale
« on: June 02, 2004, 04:46:07 pm »
Any SD dealers out there?

I see that this manufacturer's rebate is valid through end of June with rebates up to $2000.

Anybody know the rebate amount on an Optima and Cameo?  

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance's Luxury Living Sale
« on: June 02, 2004, 04:46:07 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance's Luxury Living Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:51:37 pm »
Jeeeze Louise.. Haven't you bought yet? ;D ;D ;D

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:07:05 pm »
You would think I was getting closer! lol

The Sundance website now has an operator that gives live help!  Kinda neat; unfortunately, it will probably raise prices to cover this cost!  Oh well.

The web assistant could not tell me the break down of the rebate - only to call your local dealer for the details.

I thought some dealers on this forum could help me!

Thanks

Electro

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 01:06:15 am »
 ::)                    ???                      >:(                         ::)

The advertisement on the Sundance web site looks very much like a scam.   They hold out $2,000 and take it back within the same ad.  In fact, it is clear from the ad that the dealer must be "participating", meaning they kick in at least some of the discount.  If this kind of ad were made by an auto manufacturer, woundn't they be in violation of all kinds of laws.

In part, the ad says, "... you may be eligible for $2,000 off selected spa packages.  At participating dealers only.  Dealer set actual pricing.  Model offers and discount may vary per location.  See dealer for details."

What about this, you other hot tub dealers?  This is not right.  At this very least, Sundance is not being straight with folks.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 02:33:55 am »
Dealer sets prices. That's the bottom line.

Want to know how to save $2000 off the price of a Sundance spa? Buy a Tiger River.
;)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tubber

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 05:45:36 am »
Dealer sets prices. That's the bottom line.

Want to know how to save $2000 off the price of a Sundance spa? Buy a Tiger River.
 ;)

Now thats funny considering the tiger rivers are not even in the same class as a Sundance.

The ad is exactly what it says at participating dealers.  Sundance has over 750 dealers around the world and not all participate in these Sundance promotions. At the savings of the promotion from Sundance right now a Sweetwater Bahia and an Optima would be the same price in our stores. No haggle pricing in on ours.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 07:24:56 am »
Thanks!

But is this a rebate from the manufacturer or just a sale at the dealer?  

I assume it is a rebate since it is advertised on the corporate sundance website.

Are there any SD dealers ou there that can answer this yes?

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 08:25:16 am »
I was at my Sundance dealer this week and he is extending the sale to July 31.  The prices he quoted me on a few models are as follows, and these prices are with the $2000 taken off.  Its not a rebate, its instant.  These prices include cover, startup chems, delivery/setup.

Metro:  $5167
Capri:  $6100
Caprio:  $5580
Marin:  $6780
SunZone ozonator:  $250

I dont really have any way to verify/compare pricing other than prices I find on these forums.  I live in Raleigh, NC and so far, these prices seem ballpark with others I've read in postings.  We havent gotten into negotiations yet, still at the beginning stages of looking.  But the dealers do know us, we are establishing a relationship and they seem knowledge, helpful, honest at this point.  We've done extensive research and know answers to questions we ask to see how they reply.  Btw, any feedback on those prices listed above would be appreciated!  I think we've narrowed it down to the Caprio or the J345.  Going to look at Marquis this weekend.  

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 08:49:36 am »
Calicoskies,

How much did they quote you for a cameo or optima?  If you do not mind, can you tell me the name of the dealer you went to?  Was it in Raleigh?

Do you think the 'instant' cash was out of the dealer's pocket or given to the dealer via the manufacturer?

Thanks

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
. Re: Sundance's Luxury Living Sale
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 10:34:32 am »
The factory is not giving any money to the dealer for this sale. The dealer sets the price. If they were doing this on the Jacuzzi side, which (depending on the success of the program) I'm sure they will, the J-385 w/ stereo and synthetic siding has an MSRP set by the manufacturer of $13,100. With the $2000 off, thats 11,100. A HOME RUN for any dealer regardless of overhead. IT"S MARKETING PEOPLE. If the dealer wants to go lower than that it is entirely his/her perogative. It's only advertizing. Just like the $500 coupon Jacuzzi put out last year.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 10:40:50 am »
Now thats funny considering the tiger rivers are not even in the same class as a Sundance.

Yes, you're right - the Tiger Rivers are a step above....  ;)

But seriously, I have sold HotSpring products for 18 years, and I have a great deal of respect for Sundance. Having 'grown up' in the same San Diego market, the two companies have much in common, and the two products show great care in offering features that the consumers want.

Put the two side by side, and you see striking similarities.

Both are 7'7" square, both hold the same number of people, both are fully insulated, digital controls, TR has more jets and more jet variety, LED lighting, large filter area, circ pumps, two jet pumps, fully adjustable jets, we have interchangeable spinners for small and medium, you have fluidix and adjustable spinners, foot jets on a raised dome, some extra-large jets, one seat with tons of jets and another with larger jets in a cluster, non-wood siding, sealed bottom, recycled heat from jet pump motor, large companies, ISO 9001, good warranties, well backed, quality dealers, no-fault warranty on the heater - though you have to step up to our top-of-the-line to get Titanium - direct-contact heater, you have a blower, we don't want a blower, diverter valves, quality dealers - mentioned it twice because it's important. . .

They are truly in the same league.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 11:59:12 am »
If this is not a rebate, why is SD corp advertising it on their website?  

Is there a SD dealer on this forum that can tell me that this is dealer sponsored and not corporate?  Also, can you tell me that you are receiving $0 from corp?

Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 12:03:21 pm »
The point is, if they raise the price $2000 or $2500 and then give you a $200 "rebate" what have you gained? As Wisoki said, its a marketing gimmick.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 12:22:36 pm »
I understand your point.  But here is where I am coming from ---

I have a pretty decent quote of 7k for the optima or cameo with cover, lifter, led, ozone, etc.  If this is a corp rebate, then that rebate should be passed on to me as any other rebate (staples, home depot, lowes, etc), ie, it is mailed to my home.  This rebate is great for me cause I would save 2k on the spa.  It would not effect the dealer because it is not his cash - its corp cash.

Understand?

The dealer still makes his profit (7000 - all his costs) whatever that is.  By the way, he is making a profit since he like any other business would not sell at a break even or loss price.

I just need to know if this is a corp rebate or a dealer sponsored event??

I have a feeling that this cash comes from corp and some dealers pocket this for themselves?

If I can get some straight answers (from emails I have sent to SD corp, emails to dealers, forums, etc), I would feel better about this.

Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 12:30:26 pm »
Good point but all I know is, you're not going to get $2k off some super low sale price. You're not even going to get $2k off the decent deal price. I'm not sure where the rebate comes from but while you'll end up with a good sales price in the end they'll get what they need as well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 12:35:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 12:30:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42