What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jetsetter  (Read 3244 times)

HuMan321

Jetsetter
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:24 am »
My HotSprings jetsetter is about 4 weeks old now. This past week I have noticed some slightly erratic behaviour from the heater. I first noticed it when I saw half the logo light off indicating that the temp was more than 2 degrees from setpoint. Since it has been cold I rushed out to see if there was a problem and found the temp "higher" than setpoint. (99 setpoint - 103 actual temp). This has happened a few times and I always found it on the high side.

Last night I peeked out before bed and saw both colored lights flashing. I rushed to grab the manual and it pointed me to the troubleshooting section. This section stated that upper hi limit had beeen reached and other light indicated issue with the temp sensor. Both stated to reset power (220 volt) and leave off 30 seconds which I did. When I first went out there (while blinking) I saw setpoint at 98 and I bumped up to 99. I then moved screen to see what the actual temp was and it stated 86 which would be very low considering we had used earlier that night and all seemed fine.

After resetting the power and it booted up display screen the actual temp started in the low 90's and walked up fairly quickly (3 minutes) to 98 degrees. The lights held steady and are steady on this morning.

My question is does anyone think this is a precursor to issue with the tub? Is this a known issue or does this seem like normal operation? Cold with winter here and having a heater or sensor issue concerns me enough to write this post and possibly proactively calling for service? Problem is this may be intermittent issue and we all know how that goes with repair.

Hot Tub Forum

Jetsetter
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:24 am »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Jetsetter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:36:51 pm »
blinking light is most often caused by low/no circulation, have you cleaned your filters since you've owned the tub?

HuMan321

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »
Hi - yes I have placed new Tri-X filters in the system about a week ago. I wanted to have a spare set to rotate in the cold wintertime.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:59 am »
Look up "Summer Timer" and be sure that is not on. If it is, the system shuts the heat and circ pump down for 8 hours. This is to keep the temp from creeping up in warm weather, but in freezing weather it can let the tub temp wander.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42