What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's the Total Cost?  (Read 7402 times)

aliri

What's the Total Cost?
« on: June 07, 2004, 04:23:31 pm »
I'm a first time buyer and started my research recently. This forum has been a great source of information.

I want a 2 person tub and the Sundance Metro and Hotsprings Jetsetter look interesting. I don't need any fancy options. I live on the central California coast and dealers for both of those companies are located in my town.

I live in a condominium and my yard is small, so the tub will be located close to the house.

When people are talking about the prices, what are they including? I'm asking about the concrete pad, the electrical work, the plumbing, etc. Will all this ending up costing as much as the dealer's price for the tub?

P.S. after reading the first 3 replies. Thanks so much for the info. I have no electrical outlet in my yard. I'm just wondering if it will add $100 or $1000 to the cost - I don't have a clue - I guess I'll find out when I talk to electricians.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:03:33 pm by aliri »

Hot Tub Forum

What's the Total Cost?
« on: June 07, 2004, 04:23:31 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: What's the Total Cost?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 04:36:34 pm »
I do not think that most people include electric or concrete as part of the costs..For the spas you mentioned you may not need anything more than a gfi breaker installed..do you have a 110 outlet near the spa area now... also depending on where you will be installing the spa you may not have to put in concrete....I think Chas a Hotsprings dealer here will be able to offer some good advice to you....knowing what tub you are looking at.....good luck....and enjoy

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 04:58:41 pm »
The prices are just the cost of the spa itself.  You would have to add in additional costs for the electrical and base, which vary based on the model of spa.  Your dealer is the best bet for getting the specifics.
There are no plumbing needs, other than a method to fill the spa.  You'd just need to run a hose from the nearest spigot.
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 05:12:45 pm »
You want to purchase everything as a package. The spa will come with a cover for sure and with it they’ll probably add a chemical starter kit, basic steps, a GFI subpanel and hopefully an in home orientation. The other things you want to consider are CD ozone and cover lifter. Make sure any quote you get includes all that you want as you'll get a better price that way as opposed to getting the spa price and then getting the others quoted separately. Also, make sure both are quoting the same options added so you can compare apples to apples.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tubber

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:25:40 pm »
A dealer will be able to tell you everything you need to know.  Get it all in one package as stated above. The important thing now is to wet test both tubs. Now I'm bias towards Sundance as I sell them. However I have a Jetsetter at my house. It was there when I moved in a 2003 model. So I think I can speak from experience as well as knowledge. Jetsetter 3 filters, Metro 1 filter down to one Micron. Jetsetter easy clean feature (it's simple so long as you push the button to clean the tub) Metro fully programmed filter cycles. Jetsetter cannot completely shut down any seat (unless mines been broken since it was delivered) Moto Massage eats power and just goes up and down the spine. One more moving part to break in time. Jetsetter desired temp Metro actual temp. And my favorite, god forbid you forget to turn the light on cuz your neighbors are going to see the moon when you have to bend over the side to turn it on. Just speaking from experience. Other then that and a few other things Watkins makes a fairly decent Hot Tub. ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 10:29:31 pm »
Your price for electric will of course vary but since you will only need a 110 hook up..it may be less...you might want to inquire as to the cost of 220 line with a 30 amp breaker as for the size of tubs you are looking at it will be fine also as for the cost I think you can figure anywhere from 200.00 to 500.00 depending on what has to be done....Also you might want to look at the Marquis Spirit spa....

aliri

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 11:40:58 am »
It's great to hear from someone with experience with the smaller tubs. Those small details about the differences are important.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has a Metro or a Jetsetter.

I actually have the Marquis Spirit on my list, but the dealer is in San Jose, 30 miles away. The Sundance and Hotsprings dealers are 3 and 5 miles from me.

Rboehme

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 09:49:57 pm »
It's great to hear from someone with experience with the smaller tubs. Those small details about the differences are important.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has a Metro or a Jetsetter.

I actually have the Marquis Spirit on my list, but the dealer is in San Jose, 30 miles away. The Sundance and Hotsprings dealers are 3 and 5 miles from me.

Also check out the "212" from maquis everyday line. It is a good small tub.

30 miles is not far.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 09:49:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42