What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New House, New Hot Tub, Newbie - Hot Spot Tempo  (Read 3143 times)

dc_mpa

New House, New Hot Tub, Newbie - Hot Spot Tempo
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
Hey everyone! After a few months of enjoying your site and doing endless research me and my better half have decided it's time to get a hot tub. We have looked at numerous models and tested out the ones we like. We've narrowed it down fo the HS Tempo.  We live in Oklahoma (so any fellow Okies can help!) and here is the price we've been quoted.

$8600 - 12/2012 built, our choice of lift n' glide cover or cover cradle II, freshwater III CD ozone system, steps, delivery, setup, initial water care kit.

From all of my research that seems on the typical salesperson high side of price. Am I wrong? What should I try to get for a good negotiation price for everything mentioned above? We are having a family friend/licensed electrician do the wiring for us and our back covered patio is ready to just slide the hot tub in and start running.

Thanks a ton everyone for all the help! This is a whole new world to us but one we are very excited about!

If it helps any we wanted to compare a HS Aria too but they didn't have one in stock :( any thoughts on a comparison of the Tempo vs Aria?

Hot Tub Forum

New House, New Hot Tub, Newbie - Hot Spot Tempo
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »

bimmerdog

Re: New House, New Hot Tub, Newbie - Hot Spot Tempo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:31 am »
Welcome.  i was going to buy the Aria.  My wife and I did a wet test in it.  Fantastic spa and very very strong jets.  The price I was buying it for was $9,700 out the door with every thing you were getting with the spa.  We did not buy it because my wife could not stay in any seat with the jets on high.  She loved the way the jets felt on high but if you can't use them what good are they.  The other thing we didn't like about the Aria was the foot well size. Very small if you had more then three people in the spa you would be playing footsie. 

I have not seen the Tempo spa.  A Hot Spring Spa is a very high quality product.  We ended up buying the Sundance Optima spa because it had every thing we wanted and my wife can stay in her seat no matter how high the jets are on. 

I know here in Utah that January is the spa stores slowest month for sells.  I have no idea what you think they should or could sell the Tempo for but go in and make a counter offer.  A fair offer.  Let them know you will buy right now if they can work with you a little more.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:04:13 am by bimmerdog »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: New House, New Hot Tub, Newbie - Hot Spot Tempo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42