What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa System Flush - it works  (Read 6266 times)

TdiDave

Spa System Flush - it works
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:59:09 pm »
I have had my tub 50 days now, so i did a flush,dump refill.  I was shocked at how much "gunk" came out of the tub using the Spa System Flush.  The tub has never had the chlorine below 0, and always had clear water.  So anyone who has never used a flush product when changing the water sould give it a shot.

After Cleaned up with Gel Gloss

Hot Tub Forum

Spa System Flush - it works
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:59:09 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Spa System Flush - it works
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:36:51 am »
Who needs to flush? My tub looks just like that any time my brother-in-law gets out of it.   ;)

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ATC Buckeye

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:43:57 am »
WOW!  I've been battling a case of white mold and I've flushed four times in the last month, and never purged that much crap.  And mine's a 2004 Sundance I bought used.  That's gotta be a relief to know all that crap is gone.

By the way, thanks to a member on here, I tried something called SilkBalance Clean Start and finally defeated the white mold. 

avesrun

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:39:24 pm »
I have had my tub 50 days now, so i did a flush,dump refill.  I was shocked at how much "gunk" came out of the tub using the Spa System Flush.  The tub has never had the chlorine below 0, and always had clear water.  So anyone who has never used a flush product when changing the water sould give it a shot.

After Cleaned up with Gel Gloss

hello trial Dave. Question: did that brown ring form after doing the spa system flush? Also thanks for the gel gloss tip. Did you use it directly on the brown ring?  Your spa looks nice. I have the j-345 and same well water issues you've dealt with.

TdiDave

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »
The brown crud formed after I added the SpaSystem flush product.  The water and shell had been clean and clear (after the iron filtered out).  I cleaned the crud ring with some SpaSystem flush on a rag, it cleaned up rather easy.

I got both a aerosol and a paste version of the Gel Gloss.  I polished the shell with them after I cleaned and wiped everything dry.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »
i have been using spa system flush, and gel gloss, for many years now.  thankfully seaklear bought flush so it is easier to get now.  what you experienced there was probably a result of the test water sitting in the pipes for a while before you bought your tub.  you probably won't see that every time, but flushing once a year seems to be the right schedule imo.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42