What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New guy in town. Looking at a HS Vanguard or Aria  (Read 3451 times)

bimmerdog

New guy in town. Looking at a HS Vanguard or Aria
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:47 pm »
Hello boys and girls. (I guess there might be a few women in here)  The wife and I are getting ready to pull the trigger on either a Hot Springs Vanguard or an Aria.  We got to wet test the Vanguard and we really like it.  Then on the sells floor was an Aria.  We both liked the way it looked but no way to wet test it.  We did get in and I have to say the lounge chair was as comfortable a seat as anything I have sat in. 

So here is the problem.  There is no way to wet test the Aria.  The store has two tubs set up for wet testing and neither one has the lounge.  I have read online ( I hate the Internet it corrupts your brain with to many things) that "some people" float off the lounge when using it.  I'm 6' 185lbs and the wife is 5'10" and 165lbs. (don't  ever tell her I put her weight on here) Any one have a lounge that does have the floating problem and has it affected how you like the spa?  Any one have a lounge and it works perfect and you would buy it again?

Thanks for your help. 

Hot Tub Forum

New guy in town. Looking at a HS Vanguard or Aria
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:47 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New guy in town. Looking at a HS Vanguard or Aria
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:03:15 pm »
Hello boys and girls. (I guess there might be a few women in here)  The wife and I are getting ready to pull the trigger on either a Hot Springs Vanguard or an Aria.  We got to wet test the Vanguard and we really like it.  Then on the sells floor was an Aria.  We both liked the way it looked but no way to wet test it.  We did get in and I have to say the lounge chair was as comfortable a seat as anything I have sat in. 

So here is the problem.  There is no way to wet test the Aria.  The store has two tubs set up for wet testing and neither one has the lounge.  I have read online ( I hate the Internet it corrupts your brain with to many things) that "some people" float off the lounge when using it.  I'm 6' 185lbs and the wife is 5'10" and 165lbs. (don't  ever tell her I put her weight on here) Any one have a lounge that does have the floating problem and has it affected how you like the spa?  Any one have a lounge and it works perfect and you would buy it again?

Thanks for your help.

People that are short or overly round don't do well in lounges in general (and that is certainly a generalization) so you're fine that way but even with that said it can be a crap shoot. My typical response in this type case is if you don't wet test skip the lounge. However, if I'm correct in assuming its really just the 2 of you going in then its less of an issue because there is still plenty of other room if neither of you use the lounge much. If I'm assuming incorrectly and there are others often going in with you two then Id revert back to suggesting you skip the lounge.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bimmerdog

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:43 pm »
Thank you for the response Spatech_two.  I am going to try and get the store to set up something so we can try the lounge and the jet comb that the Aria has.  We will have to see what they can do.  Money is burning a hole in my pocket need to spend it on something ;D

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:41 pm »
You gotta wet test. The Vanguard is a great tub.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42