What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newb and new tub  (Read 8884 times)

ntmad8tr

Newb and new tub
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:48 am »
 Arrived June 4th, did all the electrical work myself, it is a Dynasty Caspian 55ST, 92"x92" haven't missed a night in it except for the 7 days we were on a cruise in October and 2 other nights where it was just raining too hard to sit out in it. We bought it straight from the factory in Athens, TN. ..yeah, yeah, I know they are not the favorite of most people here on the board but purchased before I had found this site but I can say that the reputation that Dynasty has with some on here is definately not the way I have been treated by them, I have had no problems with their service and wonder if it could be that we are only around 150 miles from them.  They have answered the 3 calls for service rather rapidly.  You are thinking 3 calls for service in only 6 months buuuut they have been, I would not say that they were really self induced but 2 were caused by my youngest daughter's friends. The other one was Dynasty's salesman's fault when he told my wife that the stereo would have a remote. So when it arrived and we got to looking for said remote, it was not there.  Called them and the maintenance manager talked to me on the phone and told me that it was correct to not come with it but since it was part of the salesman's deal, he would have someone come out and install the radio with the remote and they were there 3 days later, bright and early.  So all in all Water gets hot, jets work and feel great on my aching body and totally enjoy every minute I am in it.  I have learned soooo much from everyone here about water care etc. and want to thank you all.   
So here are a few pics:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:14:46 am by ntmad8tr »

Hot Tub Forum

Newb and new tub
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:48 am »

Cleanupman

Re: Newb and new tub
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:52 am »
Great looking tub! Now that you've had it for awhile would you recommend it? I'm shopping for my first tub.

ntmad8tr

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:23 pm »
I would say that if you have the $$$ then you should look at something like HS, or Sundance but for so far I have enjoyed our tub pretty much everyday except for when we have been out of town or raining too hard.  I have had zero problems since the last one in 2012. I would recommend one if you are looking for a tub that wont cost you an arm and a leg then yes one of these would be good for you.  I will say that many people on here have had their HS and Sundance tubs for many many years and for me this Dynasty is only about 3 years old so I can not say if it will make it 10 years or more but I am hoping it does but if not then I will move along to another tub. Like I said in another post we got ours from the factory so if you live anywhere close to Athens TN.( a bit north of Chattanooga), I would say take a drive up there and see what they have out, you can get a fairly nice deal from them.  Again I am not a master tub guy since I have only had one for ~3 yrs and I am not part of any tub business. I am a retired navy man that is now a maintenance shift supervisor for a major tire manufacturer.  So I am not trying to sale anyone on anything just giving my experience with this tub and I do know that the dynasty company does not have the best reputation but for me I have had only had the few problems listed in the post above and none since and those issues were dealt with pretty promptly with no run around or them trying to not come fix the problem.  So I guess the answer to the oringinal question would be yes I would recommend one of these tubs (even though they don't make this one any more but one similar on the dynasty website) and say that I believe that the maintenance on any problem is usually taken care of by the dealer where you buy your tub and since we bought it at a their factory I do not have to go through a dealer who then has to go through them to get parts. I called them, they have the stuff right there and they drove out and corrected the problem.   

Cleanupman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:35:36 pm »
Thanks for the tip! My wife fell in love with a tub nearly identical to this only it was an Ecco which is made by Dynasty. We considered 3 brands after a lot of research... Jacuzzi, Sundance or Bull frog. Today my wife ordered a Jacuzzi 365 which ended up being the very first tub we looked at. Hoping it was love at first site!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:08 am »
I had a Dynasty that lasted 10 years, but my dealer went out of business after 3 years. The last years were a struggle and Dynasty's Customer Service via phone was awful.  Fortunately I could find local service guys that could handle it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42