What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot Mallorca - Not Heating  (Read 7995 times)

M500sesp

Hot Spot Mallorca - Not Heating
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:15:28 am »
I have a "Hot Spot" Mallorca Hot tub.  It's not heating. Error _._._._._
The error seems to only comes up when I turn the jets on. 
It's not heating.
The Jets seem to be functioning correctly, no surging.
I took the filter completely out to make sure there was plenty of water flow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also does anyone know of a service manual for this model?
Thanks,
       Sam

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot Mallorca - Not Heating
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Hot Spot Mallorca - Not Heating
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:41:35 am »
I have a "Hot Spot" Mallorca Hot tub.  It's not heating. Error _._._._._
The error seems to only comes up when I turn the jets on. 
It's not heating.
The Jets seem to be functioning correctly, no surging.
I took the filter completely out to make sure there was plenty of water flow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also does anyone know of a service manual for this model?
Thanks,
       Sam

Based on your statements that leads me to believe its the pressure switch which is easily swapped out.

M500sesp

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:35:55 pm »
Is the pressure switch the one that is mounted, screwed into, the heater?  With the small red and black lead?
How would I go about telling if it is bad?  I am very capable with an ohm meter etc.
     Thanks,
           Sam

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »
  I don't know that spa but yes that sounds like the pressure switch.   You can try jumping the wires together and see what you get..

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 02:41:09 pm »
  I don't know that spa but yes that sounds like the pressure switch.   You can try jumping the wires together and see what you get..

this...bypass the switch to verify if it is bad or not.  And to state the obvious DO NOT let your tub operate with a bypassed switch for an extended period of time, they are cheap anyways, probably under $20 online and easily thread in and out with a little teflon tape

M500sesp

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 03:09:59 pm »
Thank you for the replies.  I'll try bypassing the switch and give it a test when I get home tonight.
As a side note that part is 41.31 plus shipping from Backyardplus or 60.65 from our local dealer.  I'll probably go with the dealer since they have them in stock and are local.

Another question.  Is there water pressure behind that pressure switch?  When I unscrew it to take it out, will the water come squirting out?  Or will it just kind of dribble out?  Or should I air on the side of caution and drain the tub completely?
    Thanks,
          Sam

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 03:47:16 pm »
Thank you for the replies.  I'll try bypassing the switch and give it a test when I get home tonight.
As a side note that part is 41.31 plus shipping from Backyardplus or 60.65 from our local dealer.  I'll probably go with the dealer since they have them in stock and are local.

Another question.  Is there water pressure behind that pressure switch?  When I unscrew it to take it out, will the water come squirting out?  Or will it just kind of dribble out?  Or should I air on the side of caution and drain the tub completely?
    Thanks,
          Sam

it can be replaced with the tub full...if your quick enough  ;D but I would recommend draining it to avoid a potential mess

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »

Thanks,
          Sam

it can be replaced with the tub full...if your quick enough  ;D but I would recommend draining it to avoid a potential mess

Plus one!     I had one customer try it with the power on, the water squirted out on to the circuit board and short it out, his 50 dollar part turned into 300 for a new board as well..   Like mentioned if your quick you can do it, but draining it is easy and safer as well.       

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42