What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: emerald spas  (Read 3891 times)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
emerald spas
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:03:56 am »
i am beginning my research for the purchase of a spa. i have begun to read this forum and have not read much about emerald spas. any replies to this would be appreciated. where does emerald fit in the line of quality spas?

Hot Tub Forum

emerald spas
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:03:56 am »

drb

• Official 4 Star "Best of Class" spa searcher... ;)
Re: emerald spas
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 12:47:25 pm »
I've heard positive things about Emerald Spas, and no negatives.  But that means practically nothing.  It means they're probably better than the Dreaded Thermospas or the Notorious Gulf Coast wonders, but that's about all.

Remember that there are supposed to be something like a hundred manufacturers of spas in the US, plus a bunch in Canada.  It's what Michael Porter would call a "low market entry barrier business," meaning that a few tens of thousands of dollars can put you in the spa business.  You need an oven, a vacuum former, a fiberglass chop gun, some lumber, an ad in the paper, and a line of credit with the plastic pipe and pump people.

I'm in the same place you are - just beginning my research.  I'm starting to think it's gonna be a long haul!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 06:25:10 pm »
Here is what happened with me.  I sent Emerald a request for their catalog and CD, which they acknowledged and sent out promptly.  Then the VP of Sales and Marketing (or similar title) sent a follow up e-mail to make sure that I received the information.  All very professionally handled.  Unfortunately the nearest dealer to me is on the other side of the state and the Emerald VP opinned that the distance would be too great to provide proper support.  

The VP then querried his zone manager on my behalf who gave me a phone call.  The zone manager explained that he has a goal to find a good dealer in my area and that he has been actively looking, but without success.  In the meantime, he suggested that I rule out Emerald unless and until he finds a good dealer nearby.  He did recommend a few competitors - all highly regarded brands.  In fact he had high praise for the one in particular that I ultimately purchased.  

Without knowing anything about their spas, this experience makes me think that Emerald is a damn good company.  A company is only as good as it's people and these people have a high degree of integrity.  My guess is the Emerald product line reflects their people.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 06:25:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42