What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! FL1 Error on my J345 Jacuzzi  (Read 27187 times)

mallen7321

Help! FL1 Error on my J345 Jacuzzi
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »
The hot tub is a J345 Jacuzzi. I'm getting FL1 error and have searched high and low to try and resolve it. I bought a new heater and installed. Filled the tub and same thing. I have tried pulling the breaker, taking out the filters, waiting minutes/hours/days, plugged back in, ran the tub for minutes/hours/days and still FL1 error.

Is it possible this is a bad flow switch? Could it be a bad temperature sensor? Could it be something on the board itself? No other errors besides FL1. The circ pump feels like it is running (put hand on it when on and off and definitely feel it going). Have even taken the circ pump out, taken it apart, put it back together and hooked it back up. I don't think there is any flow issue though who knows since I'm no pro at this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Help! FL1 Error on my J345 Jacuzzi
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »

SnowHot

Re: Help! FL1 Error on my J345 Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
Welcome to the forums. 
I'm really new here too, and not nearly as knowledgeable as others here, but I ran into this error display in my manual while looking for something else.

According to the manual, -
... it means that the flow switch is malfunctioning open, the circulation pumps filter cartridge is excessively dirty, or an air lock condition has occurred at the circulation pump intake.   This may cause the heater to deactivate, but it isn't necessarily a heater malfunction.

mallen7321

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:47:25 am »
Thanks for the reply. I have a suspicion it might be the flow switch because I believe the circ pump is running fine (though I have no idea where the circ pump filter cartridge is). I don't believe it is an air lock condition because I have emptied and filled the tub a few times as well as took the circ pump out to make sure it wasn't clogged with anything and I have run the tub for long periods of time without the filters on. Nothing gets rid of the FL1 error so I'm leaning on it being the flow switch. Ordering and replacing that next. I tried jumpering the flow switch from the board last night after looking more into it and the tub kept turning off and turning back on again.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:56:13 am »
Remove both filters, where the filter screws into on one side it has a grid or a screen built into it. If the circ pump is running you will feel suction on that side.  If there is no suction and the spa is calling for heat you have a bad circ pump.   Bad flow switches should give a flo2 error code.  Another way to check is with a volt meter to see if the circuit brd is actually sending 220 volts to the circ pump.    You probably bought a heater for no reason, the old one is prolly still good, keep it as a spare..

mallen7321

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:05 am »
True, I think the old heater was still good. There is suction where you mentioned. If I place my hand over the screen after removing the filter it is sucking. I don't think it's a bad circ pump so I think I have ruled that out, unless it can still be sucking and be bad at the same time.

Is there a filter for the circ pump other than the two big filters? I'm really at a loss if it's not the flow switch. No clue what else it could be.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:32:18 am »
 At this point I would replace the flo switch, sounds like you have flow.   You might check your mazzi injector for your ozonator, it's the funky white T thing just past the flow switch.  Could have something stuck in it, thats if you have a ozonator??

mallen7321

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 11:30:19 am »
I do have an ozonator. I didn't think of that and will check that when I get home tonight. Thanks for all the help so far this forum is such a great resource!

mallen7321

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 02:54:34 pm »
Can anyone tell me which Flow Switch I should order? http://jacuzzicare.com/index.php/jacuzzi/jacuzzi-sensors.html
I don't know if it's either of those. The connection at the board looks like a computer type connection. There are two gold pins sticking out of the board and the connector is a white connector that both wires go into. I don't think it's finger or box.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 01:57:54 am »
 Depending on age of spa you need the curled finger end one. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 10:03:35 am »
Does any other "pro" out here think the correct answer is to have a service call from a professional who knows how to diagnose and has the part on his truck?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:51 am »
Does any other "pro" out here think the correct answer is to have a service call from a professional who knows how to diagnose and has the part on his truck?

Or maybe we could just put up a sticky that says, if you have a parts/service question about your spa, don't bother all 5 (if that) of us left "pros" just call a service company to fix it for you.    Would probably cut down on  a lot of useless post around here..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:28:45 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

mallen7321

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 01:00:10 pm »
That is exactly what I did. I called up my local guy and he pointed me in the right direction. I got the flow switch I needed and replaced it. If only that was the end of my issues and unfortunately he doesn't work weekends. Didn't mean to piss any of the pros off on this board, and if you really are that put off by my simple "useless" post, why even bother posting here? If only pros posted on this board how alive would this board even be?

For anyone willing to offer suggestions for my next issue I would really appreciate the help. I replaced the flow switch and now when I plug the hot tub in it turns on and I don't get the FL1 error but after about 10 seconds the hot tub resets itself. This happened a few times before I unplugged it again. I wasn't sure if maybe I had hooked up the new heater incorrectly so I disconnected the heater but left the flow switch plugged into the board and the problem still occurs. I'm not sure if it is the heater or not but it seems like after 10 seconds when the flow switch does its thing the hot tub resets. It never trips the gfci but the tub continuously resets.

Sorry if I'm posting useless questions but would love to hear thoughts until I have a chance to call my service guy Monday.

mallen7321

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »
Well I just replaced the board and now the FL1 error is back. No longer shorting but I think that is because of the FL1 error. The circ pump is not turning on.

I took the new board out and put the old one back in and the circ pump goes on but the tub now resets over and over.

The new board that my supply guy gave me is a 6600-287 Rev D with a chip of REV5.57. I don't have any idea if this is the right board or not but this is just crazy at this point.

I hope if nothing else this helps people in the future that decide to be as stupid as I have been doing this myself.

Looks as though this is the wrong circuit board for my Jacuzzi J345? http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6600-288sundancespassweetwatercircuitboard6600-088isnow6600-288.aspx

That looks like the right board?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:22:14 pm by mallen7321 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 02:24:36 am »
Something is F,d up here,  I have been dealing with a fair for the last week that just ended tonight, thank GOD!  Anyway either get a guy out there before buying anymore parts or call me on Monday, will PM you a phn# with in a day.  Jim

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 11:52:18 am »
Odds are Jim will point you in the right direction. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 11:52:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42