What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: about to buy a Jacuzzi  (Read 15063 times)

bartman9

Re: about to buy a Jacuzzi
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »
Nope. Silver pearl is smooth.

Fail!    Silver pearl is textured..   Platinum is smooth  ;)

Okay, that is what I thought.  So the Silver Pearl probably looks better with the light, right?  I am going to have to find that locally to see it before we order.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »

goose973

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 09:30:55 am »
My apologies. I was shown something my dealer called "silver" and it was a smooth, pearl-like appearing finish. Looking at jacuzzi's website, I think what I was shown is actually called "platinum".

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 10:23:19 am »
My apologies. I was shown something my dealer called "silver" and it was a smooth, pearl-like appearing finish. Looking at jacuzzi's website, I think what I was shown is actually called "platinum".

I'm thinking your right. I was in a jacuzzi platinum last night in the dealer's demo room with dimmable lights.  They look great lit up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bartman9

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »
I'm thinking your right. I was in a jacuzzi platinum last night in the dealer's demo room with dimmable lights.  They look great lit up.
I think the platinum looks the best, but with kids we are worried about the slippery surface.  So I am hoping the Silver Pearl also shows off nicely and still provides the textured surface.... now I just have to find one to look at!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »
 Yes the S,pearl looks great as well.   As far as slipping it won't matter, kids are kids and can figure out a way to slip on the textured surface as well, so don't let that sway you too much..

SnowHot

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »
Its interesting to me when I read about people selecting what they want in their tub, including texture, cabinet, color, seat placement, lounge/no lounge.....
I had all these ideas when we were picking out our Jacuzzi. 
We wanted the Pearl with a silverwood cabinet, in a J345 because we didn't want the lounger.

When we stumbled upon a deal for a J335(with a lounge) in Sand/Brazillian Teak, we didn't feel that it was much of a compromise.  Turns out, we really like the lounge, in fact its become my "go to" seat. 

After this experience, I'm much more open minded on these features, but I am a Jacuzzi customer for life!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »
Its interesting to me when I read about people selecting what they want in their tub, including texture, cabinet, color, seat placement, lounge/no lounge.....
We wanted the Pearl with a silverwood cabinet, in a J345 because we didn't want the lounger.

When we stumbled upon a deal for a J335(with a lounge) in Sand/Brazillian Teak, we didn't feel that it was much of a compromise.  Turns out, we really like the lounge, in fact its become my "go to" seat. 

After this experience, I'm much more open minded on these features, but I am a Jacuzzi customer for life!

I sat in one of these, though I don't remember the cabinet color. Very comfortable, I too am a little more open minded now on those features than I was 10 years ago.   Once I get the order behind me next week the waiting begins and I'm betting the delivery process is a bit smoother than it was 10 years ago. I don't think I was a member of the forum then, or I would resurrect the post about the time I took the day off work to have the tub delivered and it arrived at 10:30pm and the installer drilled a hole in my new cover.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SnowHot

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 01:44:29 am »

I sat in one of these, though I don't remember the cabinet color. Very comfortable, I too am a little more open minded now on those features than I was 10 years ago.   Once I get the order behind me next week the waiting begins and I'm betting the delivery process is a bit smoother than it was 10 years ago. I don't think I was a member of the forum then, or I would resurrect the post about the time I took the day off work to have the tub delivered and it arrived at 10:30pm and the installer drilled a hole in my new cover.
Ooof, that sound like a crazy ordeal. 

If you weren't knowledgeable back then, then you certainly are now.  I've enjoyed reading your reviews and wet test results.   
I've done a ton of reading on this site and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge.

Gillian

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 04:26:31 pm »
Update: Jacuzzi J365 delivered today - just waiting for the water to warm up!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »

congrats on the new spa...oh and post pics or it never happened  ;D

planetary

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 07:12:51 pm »

Woohoo!  Yes, pictures!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 09:49:21 pm »

Congrats, we will see who posts pics first !

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 09:49:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42