What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Question  (Read 4073 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Spa Question
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:22:21 am »
Please see below link:

http://www.sittoncreek.com/stephen

I have question about diverters/selectors or whatever their name is.

In this pic, I have labeled switches A and B.  I assume all As are the same and all Bs are the same.

What is the name of the As and Bs and what exactly do they do?

I appreciate your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Question
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:22:21 am »

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Re: Spa Question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 09:23:16 am »
BTW - That picture is a HS Envoy.

Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:42:43 am »
That's a Grandee. Same size as the Vista- 8'4" by 7'7" - and both are about 500 gallons.

The "A" handles are diverters. They send the water pressure to the JetStream jets - like fire hoses underwater - or to certain regular jets. They give you flexibility: you can run two out of the three jets in two of the seats, as you want, you can run the huge jets only when you want to use them, and you also get a spa that does a great job with smaller pumps, for a big energy savings. On the Grandee, the diverters are two-way, and you can leave them in the middle position to have every single jet in the tub running - at a bit less pressure. BTW, that's exactly how I used to do my Grandee, and I have heard many of our customers say the same - even in the mid-position, the jet action is great.

The "B" handles are all air controls. They control the amount of air that comes out of the jets nearby. Some of them are for seats with a Moto Massage - the moving jet - while others do groups of the small "Precision" jets - such as the quartet of P jets over each Moto, or the wall of P jets in the corner seat.

The combination gives you great adjust-ability - I have had a Grandee for many years, and I may switch back to the Grandee from my Vista at the end of this year...

Ironically, I am sitting at my desk looking out the window at a 1989 Grandee sitting on the trailer in front of my house. I sold it to the youth pastor at our church, and today I get to go figure out how we are going to get it into their yard....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 10:46:57 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 11:07:51 am »
Thanks Chas!

So there is an air blower on Hs's?

'The "B" handles are all air controls. They control the amount of air that comes out of the jets nearby.'

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 11:50:19 am »
Noooo! No no no. HotSpring hasn't put a blower on a spa.   :o

The air controls control the amount of air drawn into the jets by the motion of the water blasting through them. And it makes a huge difference in the 'kick' of a jet. You can adjust the feel of the jet quite a bit - these controls are infinitely adjustable, though practically speaking you can really only feel the differences at either extreme. Shutting off the air gives you a mellow - gentle - quiet massage. Hmm - I have relatives I wish could be Mellow, Gentle and Quiet...

Some of our jets have a face plate which you turn to do the air adjustment - and doing so doesn't effect any other jets in the tub. The handles are for groups of jets, or jets that don't have an adjustment built in, such as the Moto, the Jetstream, or the Precision jets.

Phew! That was close....  ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 12:52:43 pm »
Thans for the help!

I have added another pic to that website - it is a HS vista.  Can any tubbers or HS dealers tell me exactly what numbers 1 through 8 (see pic) do?

Thanks again

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 07:39:07 pm »
bump

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 07:39:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42