What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where do all these pipes go ???  (Read 3416 times)

anxious2tub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Where do all these pipes go ???
« on: May 31, 2004, 04:22:40 pm »
Hi All,

I am still trying to find where all the leaks are, I thought I narrowed it down to 1 of 3 jets but now I am at a loss .... again.  What is the purpose of the secondary drain on the Sovereign model Hot Springs hot tub ??  And are all the jets connected to each other.  I put a hose in one of the jets and water comes out of the 2ndary drain, then I try a different jet and the same thing  now I think I am chasing the wrong problem, I am so confused.  Can anyone help me ????

Hot Tub Forum

Where do all these pipes go ???
« on: May 31, 2004, 04:22:40 pm »

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Re: Where do all these pipes go ???
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »
The 'secondary drain' youre talking about is a freeze drain or a winterizing drain... I shouldnt matter which jet you stick the hose into, the water will exit that secondary drain.

It would probably be helpful if you had a plumbing schematic- at least this way youd know what lines are tied together. Im sure your HotSpring dealer will have this if they keep their service manuals up to date.

The real key to finding any leak though, is to be able to see the water transfer from the leaking fitting.

Need more help? Email me.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Where do all these pipes go ???
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:36:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42